Thread: Does signage hold the weight of law?

Does signage hold the weight of law?

Does signage, on places other then establishments licenced for on site consumption of liquor, hold the weight of law? I have yet to see anything that says it does other then for establishments licenced for on site consumption of liquor.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    Does signage, on places other then establishments licenced for on site consumption of liquor, hold the weight of law? I have yet to see anything that says it does other then for establishments licenced for on site consumption of liquor.

Correct, only if they are licensed for on premises consumption of liquor, and only if the sign is likely to come to the attention of all patrons. However, also remember that if you're asked to leave, you must comply or you will be trespassing.

Campgrounds and innkeepers may also post their facilities.

STATUTE
    Last edited by Maine CWP Training; 08-02-2012 at 11:55 AM.
    Paul J. Mattson
    NRA Certified Instructor / RSO
    Maine CWP Training
    101 Main St.
    Harrison, ME 04040

www.mainecwptraining.com

(207) 583-4723
    CELL 232-7063

Quote Originally Posted by Maine CWP Training View Post
    Campgrounds and innkeepers may also post their facilities.

STATUTE
    That just says that the innkeeper may eject you, not that you've broken the law if you don't follow their rules.

Is it very common in Maine for restaurants that serve alcohol to post such signs? Also, is it common for inns/hotels to do so? I'm just curious.
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Freiheit417 View Post
    Is it very common in Maine for restaurants that serve alcohol to post such signs? Also, is it common for inns/hotels to do so? I'm just curious.
    The only no weapons sign I've ever seen was in the Maine Mall, and since they don't serve alcohol, it carries no weight of law. I've not seen any of the Southern Maine restaurants or bars that post.

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout399 View Post
    The only no weapons sign I've ever seen was in the Maine Mall, and since they don't serve alcohol, it carries no weight of law. I've not seen any of the Southern Maine restaurants or bars that post.
    The Maine mall isn't even likely to come to your attention and it isn't posted on every entrance. And the bar Oasis in Portland is posted no weapons. That's the only other place I know of.

When facilities do post I leave my business card and explain our hard earned dollars will go to a facility that supports 2A and the Maine and U.S Constitution.
    Last edited by Maine CWP Training; 08-04-2012 at 05:20 AM.
    Paul J. Mattson
    NRA Certified Instructor / RSO
    Maine CWP Training
    101 Main St.
    Harrison, ME 04040

www.mainecwptraining.com

(207) 583-4723
    CELL 232-7063