• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

K have the perfect argument wanted to get some feed back

sudden valley gunner

The thing all the private property maximalists I've ever spoken with seem to miss, is that I am also private property. My property. No matter where I am standing at the moment, I own my shoes. I own my hair. If I walk onto your land with something in my pocket, that item remains mine no matter who owns the land I'm standing on.

Your rights to your private property end where they begin to infringe on my own rights to my private property. Yes, you can demand I leave your property. But you can't force me to submit to a search or leave the contents of my pockets out on the street.

But there are laws that govern both of us. You can't kick someone off your land because he's black. I can't keep illegal drugs in my pockets. Private property laws and the constitution would seem to indicate that we could each do whatever we want with our private property, but that's simply not how it works.

And they shredded the constitution in creating protected classes.

Id rather know who the homophobic, bigoted, jerks are so I and my family don't spend our money there.

Napolitano is mostly very anti positivist. He strongly opposes the anti liberty idea that laws properly enacted are laws we must obey. He is mostly very libertarian, I struggle back and forth on this specific opinion of his, but would rather rule in favor of private property owners setting their own rules, because once you start down that line, you open the door (it is already open) for more and more intrusion into private lives and business of the population.

Freedom1Man

Regarding the Courthouse I have not had any serious issues with it here in Snohomish County they have all been very nice about it, and we have not had any serious issues going in there with them
I am sure that there are places that do as I have seen it on youtube vids about courthouses that are not in compliance.

Was at Snohomish Superior court house today. Had to check my guns, of course, but demanded that I hand over my CPL to have them kept safe. The law says DISPLAY not hand over.... Yes I was OC and CC at the same time. They have you try to balance their little bags on a rail that is about 1.5" wide. I dropped one because of how narrow they were. Polite yes, professional NO.

Professional would be step in, put your weapons in these bags so we can secure them, have nice day see you when you pick them up.

07Altima

The reason I think my argument works though

Is the fact that just because they are renting the space from the public does not make it intrinsically their property! It is still public land, that they are using, and I think that my argument works because yes they are entitled to their rights as a private business, but I feel that if they are going to prevent me from a legal action on public land rented or not that they are in violation of my rights, and that there is in fact a law standing protecting, and exempting me from a stadium. The reason I feel they can not deny me the right to be in the public stadium with my firearm is the fact that it is "Public Land" regardless of their contract, and that if they do not like people exercising their rights under Washington law they do have the right to not rent the land from the public that they want to discriminate against!!!! If they dont want me to carry at the stadium they should have paid for the whole thing, but since some of my taxes paid for the property I feel I have the legal right to carry there as I am part owner of the land they have rented from the city which was paid for by the people of Washington state.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
Is the fact that just because they are renting the space from the public does not make it intrinsically their property! It is still public land, that they are using, and I think that my argument works because yes they are entitled to their rights as a private business, but I feel that if they are going to prevent me from a legal action on public land rented or not that they are in violation of my rights, and that there is in fact a law standing protecting, and exempting me from a stadium. The reason I feel they can not deny me the right to be in the public stadium with my firearm is the fact that it is "Public Land" regardless of their contract, and that if they do not like people exercising their rights under Washington law they do have the right to not rent the land from the public that they want to discriminate against!!!! If they dont want me to carry at the stadium they should have paid for the whole thing, but since some of my taxes paid for the property I feel I have the legal right to carry there as I am part owner of the land they have rented from the city which was paid for by the people of Washington state.

When the owner of a property rents or leases it to you, they temporarily convey to you some rights that they currently have in that property. They cannot convey rights to a property that they do not have. Since the city or county does not have the right to restrict firearms possession in the property I beleive that anyone that leases that property also does not obtain that right. That particular property right could not be conveyed because the city/county does not have it!