• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whos going to Open Carry when they go to VOTE on Aug. 7th?

Orion

OC'ed at my local site, no one said a thing. In fact I don't think most people even noticed.

Hevymetal

If he is considered an employee, they can prohibit his carrying a firearm. Is a person paid for working the polls?

Yes a pollworker is paid, albeit a very modest amount. Technically you are correct, you are an "at will" employee. Although there is no contract, manual or tax witholding or specific rules to adhere to other then the state and federal guidelines for running a fair election.

Neil preemption does not apply in this instance, they cannot prevent me from bringing my sidearm into the polls 123.1102. But since the "employment" is at will, they can use whatever arbitrary excuse they want to prevent me from working it. Not saying it's right, just saying that's the way it is.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
You have a....SERPA!? Gasps! Aren't you a part of the anti-SERPA alliance?

I'm gunna pinch you....

That's NOT a monkey ball sucking serpa holster.

It's a Raven Concealment Systems Phantom holster.

i think he's only anti-serpa in regards to mechanical retention with release buttons

This is not the thread for that discussion. :)

Last edited:

TheQ

I'm gunna pinch you....

That's NOT a monkey ball sucking serpa holster.

It's a Raven Concealment Systems Phantom holster.

This is not the thread for that discussion. :)

It has a button there, like the SERPA. Button looks like a SERPA button. If it looks like a duck and quacks....;)

Nav0341

I OC'd to vote yesterday.... In a school. No issues what so ever and I know for a fact everyone saw. The line moved in a direction to where my strong side was exposed to all of the staff at their tables. In a way it was somewhat refreshing as nothing happened, no one freaked out, etc etc. I was prepared for that outcome as well though, with educational material in my pocket and a calm, courteous attitude.