• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Voice recorder

CDMAGS

I have seen multiple post about making sure you have a voice recorder. I am just curious as to what kind of voice recorders y'all use, and also when you actually record.
Thanks.
CD

ZeroC

I just have a small olympus recorder in my shirt pocket, the buttons are big enough that i can turn it on through my shirt so i don't have to put a hand in a pocket at a point where doing so might get me shot by a LEO, they're jumpy like that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I just have a small olympus recorder in my shirt pocket, the buttons are big enough that i can turn it on through my shirt so i don't have to put a hand in a pocket at a point where doing so might get me shot by a LEO, they're jumpy like that.

Suggest turning your recorder on when you leave the house in the morning and not turning it off until you are home in the evening. I keep an extra set of NiCad batteries in my pocket. +1000ma rechargeable batteries will record for several days before needing to be changed out.