• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Carry Gun

Yiteurp

Just for S&G I stopped by my local MC sports today and found a springfield XD 9mm on sale for 479.00 normal price is 549.99.. wasnt listed on the website .. Im excited to shoot it.. need to find a holster for it fast

twpetry

The XD is a very nice choice, my brother has an xd40. did it come with all the extras too? and is that the 4" model? The XDMs are really sexy, but if you dont need the other bells and whistles the xd is a great value.

NeonOrangePuppy

I was looking at the XD-M45 with the 4.5" barrel not so long ago. Can't speak to the feel of the 3" barrel variants, but I thoroughly enjoy the 4" or 4.5" ones.
I can't imagine you won't have fun with it.

CaptainHoneySmacks

I have a Springfield XD .40, with a 3" barrel (The subcompact), and I absolutely love mine. Unless its used, or they have stripped the kit - It should come with a XD Gear Kit. Which is a holster, two mags(total), a speed loader, a decent carrying case, and a lock. Some models come with a cleaning kit. I like the XD holster, though it has no retention. I will be purchasing a Serpa 2 holster from BlackHawk. You will absolutely love your XD. You will not that no ammo, even reloaded, will upset these beasts. I've only put about 1200 rounds through mine, but its been a varitation of Walmart Cheapo-in-the-box-on-sale ammo to top shelf, even some reloaded from a gun show. On top of all that, the XD is extremely easy to field strip and clean. :) Happy shooting. Let us know how you like it after you some steel on target.

arsenal

I have a Springfield XD .40, with a 3" barrel (The subcompact), and I absolutely love mine. Unless its used, or they have stripped the kit - It should come with a XD Gear Kit. Which is a holster, two mags(total), a speed loader, a decent carrying case, and a lock. Some models come with a cleaning kit. I like the XD holster, though it has no retention. I will be purchasing a Serpa 2 holster from BlackHawk. You will absolutely love your XD. You will not that no ammo, even reloaded, will upset these beasts. I've only put about 1200 rounds through mine, but its been a varitation of Walmart Cheapo-in-the-box-on-sale ammo to top shelf, even some reloaded from a gun show. On top of all that, the XD is extremely easy to field strip and clean. :) Happy shooting. Let us know how you like it after you some steel on target.

Sounds like he got the essentials kit which just comes with the gun and two mags in a case.

Yiteurp

Sounds like he got the essentials kit which just comes with the gun and two mags in a case.

Yes it is .. its hard in my area to find all.the extra's unless you order them . And then they are usually 75-100 more