• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I thanked a fellow OC'er today!

zach

I'm working down in Colorado Springs today. Walked over to go grab a cup of coffee at the Starbucks on Pikes Peak & Tejon and was sitting outside. There were 3 people sitting at another table, 2 men 1 woman, having a conversation. I noticed his holstered pistol as I'd walked in, but waited to say anything until I was leaving.

I politely interrupted their conversation, told the gentlemen thank you for carrying and shook his hand and went on my way. I think he was a little surprised when I did.

I wish I could have been carrying too, but I can't while I'm working.

Was this anyone here?

since9

Campaign Veteran
Why, that was... not I.

But thank you for thanking one of us for carrying!

By the way, if there's a good time to OC, now's the time, preferably on our best behavior. We are ambassadors! Now's not the time to hide in the shed.

I OC'd today into a crowded convenience store near where I live. I was surprised at how many people were there - there were more than 20 people in line! Then it hit me - it was lunchtime and this is the closest convenience store to Mountain Shadows, and nearly all the folks there were construction crews.

In light of recent events, they were surprised, couple of them bug-eyed, but I just threw then a grin, a "Good Morning!," and a "Thanks for coming out to help. We sure need it."

That opened the doors for a couple of queries, and the conversation quickly turned to Aurora, about which I said, "that's why I carry. You never know when some fool like that is going to come unglued. I'd rather be ready, than dead."

That comment was responded to with half a dozen head-nods and "you go that right"s.