Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Military under Obamalama?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    Military under Obamalama?


  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Please tell me how in the world this is related to Obama? I don't like Obama much more than the next guy, but it is so annoying to see people like you and Sean Hannity blame EVERYTHING on him.

    "OMG, OBAMA ATE A CHEESEBURGER, WHAT A TERRIBLE LEADERSHIP EXAMPLE HE IS FOR THIS COUNTRY, CLEARLY A CRAPPY PRESIDENT" - Sean Hannity

    I could look up porn on a government computer tomorrow and somehow you would try to use it against Obama. Sad. There are so many things you could rip apart he has done WRONG, but instead you chose this.

    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    command in chief ?? I want to know what they were watching..

  4. #4
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241

    Obama campaign sues to restrict military voting in Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Please tell me how in the world this is related to Obama?
    I know this one does, and chaps my ass. Dirt bag is attacking our Military again.

    http://www.examiner.com/article/obam...ry-voting-ohio
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    I know this one does, and chaps my ass. Dirt bag is attacking our Military again.

    http://www.examiner.com/article/obam...ry-voting-ohio
    The question put forth is a good one: citizens overseas can vote by mail until day X, military can vote until day X+3. Why should military get 3 extra days?

    They both get to vote when overseas .. I had no problems voting when I was overseas in uniform.

    So the ? is : can there be different rules for groups of people overseas for voting?

    I don't think it would help Obamalama really, folks would still vote in time...

  6. #6
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241
    Would we be comparing a citizen who chooses to take vacation overseas, or for other personal reasons not connected to any official government duties during the general election, as opposed to a member of the Military in combat, or station overseas in support of their country?
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Would we be comparing a citizen who chooses to take vacation overseas, or for other personal reasons not connected to any official government duties during the general election, as opposed to a member of the Military in combat, or station overseas in support of their country?
    Did not the serviceman also choose? I don't think Obamalama is going to win this myself. But I could understand an opposite outcome.

  8. #8
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Did not the serviceman also choose?
    Yes, but not to go on vaction.
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

  9. #9
    Regular Member hjmoosejaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.W. Pa.
    Posts
    406
    I could see where the serviceman may be a little more preoccupied than the average citizen.
    watch your top knot !

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    I'm sorry, I still don't see how servicemen looking at a couple of pent house pictures has any relation to the commander in chief....
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  11. #11
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Well, maybe some think a service man can just wave a white flag while in combat so they can go vote. Sheeeeesh

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Yes, but not to go on vaction.
    People who go on vacation don't vote from overseas .. just sayin...and I was overseas and had no issues getting my voting done -- why they need 3 days is not the question ; question is: is it fair for them to get three days over other citizens?

    I'm not one to rush and say "give servicemen anything" .. WWII, Korean, Vietnam folks got squat. And from the 70-80s, got squat. Why since 90's to today they get these super benefits is beyond me...cause congressmen cannot say NO is why.

    Most folks have no idea how generous the benefits are...if they did, 90% would say "hey, that's too much"

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Most folks have no idea how generous the benefits are...if they did, 90% would say "hey, that's too much"
    >volunteer to go WHEREVER the gov tells them, sometimes not knowing where it is
    >work 12+ hours a day, oh yea- you have weekend duty this week also.
    >constant moves make it hard for family to maintain good jobs, by the time they've been around long enough for a promotion it is time to move again. this means a lot of times income can be pretty limited to around what the GI's pay grade is
    >leave family for months at a time so wife (or husband I suppose) has to play mommy and daddy
    >leave family for a year here and another year there to serve in Korea for 12 months tours
    >leave family for months at a time to get shot at (thousands don't return alive)
    ^in some cases the GI dies in their early 20's fighting for their government (notice I didn't say country) and their family goes life with out them

    Yea! **** their benefits!

    Don't like where they're fighting, what they're fighting for, or who they're fighting? Go grab a handful of Ron Paul pamphlets and start educating people.


    Is it fair? I know a couple guys who went overseas and definitely won't be able to vote on time this year...because they're dead. They also won't see their 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, etc etc, daughters 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc etc birthdays...because they're dead.

    I think 3 days is fair...yea...3 days should be just fine...
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    never mind

    stay safe.
    Last edited by skidmark; 08-08-2012 at 01:12 AM.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,011
    Another "breitbart" from the GOTP. Pres. Obama isn't attacking the military. If the suit loses, no change to the military. If the suit wins, no change to the military. How is that attacking the military? Everytime the GOTP breitbarts an issue, they lose information based voters.

    Pres. Obama just signed this into law this week, why nothing on Fox?
    http://veterans.house.gov/hr1627/
    Last edited by beebobby; 08-08-2012 at 02:02 PM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    >volunteer to go WHEREVER the gov tells them, sometimes not knowing where it is
    >work 12+ hours a day, oh yea- you have weekend duty this week also.
    >constant moves make it hard for family to maintain good jobs, by the time they've been around long enough for a promotion it is time to move again. this means a lot of times income can be pretty limited to around what the GI's pay grade is
    >leave family for months at a time so wife (or husband I suppose) has to play mommy and daddy
    >leave family for a year here and another year there to serve in Korea for 12 months tours
    >leave family for months at a time to get shot at (thousands don't return alive)
    ^in some cases the GI dies in their early 20's fighting for their government (notice I didn't say country) and their family goes life with out them

    Yea! **** their benefits!

    Don't like where they're fighting, what they're fighting for, or who they're fighting? Go grab a handful of Ron Paul pamphlets and start educating people.


    Is it fair? I know a couple guys who went overseas and definitely won't be able to vote on time this year...because they're dead. They also won't see their 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, etc etc, daughters 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc etc birthdays...because they're dead.

    I think 3 days is fair...yea...3 days should be just fine...
    You can thank the Republican darling W. Bush for the unfortunate loss of your friends. Ron Paul is a fringe-Right wet dream, period.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  17. #17
    Regular Member ()pen(arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA; escaped from 18 years in TX
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Ron Paul is a fringe-Right wet dream, period.
    You keep spewing this garbage like so much oral diarrhea, no matter how many times you're called on it. You seem to think that endless repetition will magically make it true, so you don't have to have any arguments that originate in reality.

    There is no political spectrum. There is only a perception, by people who can't think clearly, of a spectrum that has been invented and perpetuated by the simple-minded. The so-called "right" hates Ron Paul exactly as much as the so-called "left". Both accuse him of being part of the other, because he is neither, but they can't think clearly enough to understand it.

    Before you call Ron Paul "right" again, think very carefully about the fact that people like Herr Heckler Koch, a member of this forum, calls him "left" just as often. Consider that: you're no different from Herr Heckler Koch. If that doesn't give you pause to reconsider your B.S., nothing will.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    You keep spewing this garbage like so much oral diarrhea, no matter how many times you're called on it. You seem to think that endless repetition will magically make it true, so you don't have to have any arguments that originate in reality.
    I seek to make nothing True. I have stated on many occasions that: There is no Truth. Also, I have no agenda in asserting that such a thing as Reality exists.

    There is no political spectrum. There is only a perception, by people who can't think clearly, of a spectrum that has been invented and perpetuated by the simple-minded. The so-called "right" hates Ron Paul exactly as much as the so-called "left". Both accuse him of being part of the other, because he is neither, but they can't think clearly enough to understand it.
    Thank you for bringing this up: Your Political Absolutism is appreciated, but has no Practical use, and only rhetoric value; what is at issue is Utility, and there is no Utility--outside of undermining any form of Progress (don't mistaken the term Progress for Progressivism)--via Absolutism.--wait, now that I think about it: The only Utility in Political Absolutism: Intellectual Loaferism.

    Before you call Ron Paul "right" again, think very carefully about the fact that people like Herr Heckler Koch, a member of this forum, calls him "left" just as often. Consider that: you're no different from Herr Heckler Koch. If that doesn't give you pause to reconsider your B.S., nothing will.
    I will put aside my questioning whether or not he has reade the Constitution, and the Federalist Papers (maybe not whether or not he reade them, rather, whether or not he comprehends what they are stating) through any prism that has not been spawned from the fringe-Right--Ron Paul is to damn old, too much of a sell-out (supporter of Romney), and--for my taste--too anti-Federalist.

    Herr Heckler Koch is, well, I won't speak for them, and won't concern myself with whom I 'seem' to align with on this forum. Hopefully, I align with no person here, on all issues.--then again, of course you would claim I align with Herr, you are an Absolutist.

    I should mention that I never called Ron Paul "Left."--I stated that Ron Paul is: Fringe-Right.

    Let's face it, all of the anti-Federal Government rhetoric that Ron Paul espouses, and all of the b*tching-and-moaning many of you on here do about the loss of your so-called Liberty(s), and Freedom(s) are nothing more than a futile, destructive exercise in pushing a form of Governance that has historically shown to be 'more' Despotic than the Government we currently have. Look around the world--let's put history aside--, and look at States that are with a weak Central Government, where there is mass murder, rape, and perpetual domestic war...no thank you, I don't have any desire to see your Society, nor Ron Paul's Society come to fruition.--I will take my chances with the Federal Government, as it is, if that is the choice of Two Evils.

    Ron Paul is nothing more than an opportunist that rallies a base of predominantly White Heterosexual Males who are fearful that they are--which they are--losing Social Power. So what is Ron Paul's solution?: Arm yourselves neck-deep in firearms, and pull your hair out of your head every day of your life, ear-deep in propaganda that the Government is going to show up to your door one day, take your firearms, and march you off to some American version of Auschwitz. There is no level-headedness in any of that non-sense, and I conclude the only Ends it seeks is to divide, undermine, and destroy what could be a stable, productive, prosperous State, for the sake of some Nostalgia of the past that never existed to begin with.

    I recommend: Read the Federalist Papers, really read them, and see what the authors views were of Man, of Government, of State Power, and of a Central Power. Black-and-white, it says all that needs to be stated...not that I am interested in appealing to any Authority, mind you, just a recommendation.

    Back to the original topic, generally: If W. Bush (R) can take credit for imaginary successes, such as: Freeing Iraqis from a Despotic Government, and "keeping America 'safe,'" then President Obama can take credit for actual successes, Bin Laden's a$$ sent to meet his Maker, signing off on us being permitted to carry on Federal Land, and not agreeing to the UN Treaty.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 08-08-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  19. #19
    Regular Member ()pen(arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA; escaped from 18 years in TX
    Posts
    740
    I was unable to find a single statement in all of your post that had any basis in empirical observation, let alone truth. Then again, you've made it abundantly clear, in response to my prodding on the topic, that you have no regard for truth or reality. You pretend to cleave to some half-baked, proprietary variation on solipsistic, existentialism nihilism, which is great work, if you can get it. Unfortunately for you, the fact, alone, that you post in an internet forum like this puts clear lie to your pretense: you do hold to concrete opinions and care what people think, and you continually attempt to join in argument on various political topics. However, the instant you are pressed for rational basis for your assertions or the validity of your arguments is questioned, you immediately retreat to the cowardly shelter of feigned epistomological ambiguity. In short, you have the rhetorical capacity of a loud-mouthed child.

    Lest you derive any satisfaction from the attention I occasionally pay you, the only reason I ever respond to you is not to attempt to correct your damn-fool notions of the world, but to remind any otherwise-influenced reader that you're a buffoon and that everything you say in these forums is so much effluence.

    'Ware the harpy.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    I was unable to find a single statement in all of your post that had any basis in empirical observation, let alone truth.
    If there is such a post, then, I apologize. I made no effort to offer one, nor both.


    Then again, you've made it abundantly clear, in response to my prodding on the topic, that you have no regard for truth or reality. You pretend to cleave to some half-baked, proprietary variation on solipsistic, existentialism nihilism, which is great work, if you can get it. Unfortunately for you, the fact, alone, that you post in an internet forum like this puts clear lie to your pretense: you do hold to concrete opinions and care what people think, and you continually attempt to join in argument on various political topics. However, the instant you are pressed for rational basis for your assertions or the validity of your arguments is questioned, you immediately retreat to the cowardly shelter of feigned epistomological ambiguity. In short, you have the rhetorical capacity of a loud-mouthed child.
    I suppose in one of my Reality's, I care.

    Lest you derive any satisfaction from the attention I occasionally pay you, the only reason I ever respond to you is not to attempt to correct your damn-fool notions of the world, but to remind any otherwise-influenced reader that you're a buffoon and that everything you say in these forums is so much effluence.

    'Ware the harpy.
    I am comfortable with my posts, and permit them to stand as they are, for all to read.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •