Thread: God Help us in Australia!

God Help us in Australia!

Our government is considering this change?

"YOUNG offenders arrested for robbery in company, indecent assault or breaching AVOs would be spared jail and escape with cautions under juvenile law reform proposals.
    Attorney-General Greg Smith is to consider a number of submissions about extending the reach of the Young Offenders Act (YOA), which allows offenders to be cautioned or be dealt with through youth conferencing.

The Juvenile Justice Department is being backed by the Greens, who are calling for even greater changes, including all offences that go before the Children's Court - even armed robbery and other violent crimes - coming under the YOA.

The Greens also want assault occasioning actual bodily harm and drug matters dealt with by the YOA. Greens MP David Shoebridge said yesterday incarceration should be a "last option"."

Read More;

<http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/juvenile-law-review-calls-for-cautions-to-spare-young-crims-from-jail/story-e6freuy9-1226441834631>
    To defeat an adversary, you must all ways drive the fight, and be willing to do that which is never expected, all ways be prepared.
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

Fixed the link for you. Now all anyone has to do is click the link

Link

I don't see how this law is a bad thing, the way it is being used is though. That is what I hate about (some) modern politicians, they use the laws however they find fit.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Fixed the link for you. Now all anyone has to do is click the link

Link

I don't see how this law is a bad thing, the way it is being used is though. That is what I hate about (some) modern politicians, they use the laws however they find fit.
    Sorry mate. I usually break links with a < and >, to avoiding tracking cookies back to or from what ever site I post.
    To defeat an adversary, you must all ways drive the fight, and be willing to do that which is never expected, all ways be prepared.
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

its good and bad

good for the assailant

bad for the victim

Sorry Haz, it appears that God, in his infinite wisdom, has left Australia to its citizens and rightly so.

In other words, God helps those that helps themselves.

Good luck and stay safe.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haz. View Post
    Our government is considering this change?

Read More;

<http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/juvenile-law-review-calls-for-cautions-to-spare-young-crims-from-jail/story-e6freuy9-1226441834631>
    Hej Haz!

There is a saying that "if you do not teach your children self discipline, the government will" Well, in this case, by the time these young offenders are adults, there will be no disciple...it will be all jail time.

Personally, I like the Singapore idea...caneing would get their attention quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Hej Haz!

There is a saying that "if you do not teach your children self discipline, the government will" Well, in this case, by the time these young offenders are adults, there will be no disciple...it will be all jail time.

Personally, I like the Singapore idea...caneing would get their attention quickly.
    From what I saw of caning in Saudi Arabia, that's pretty brutal. However, I have absolutely no problems with a barber's razor strop. When wielded by a sufficiently fit individual and applied across a naked rear end, it will get the recipient's attention.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."