• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

God Help us in Australia!

Haz.

Our government is considering this change?

"YOUNG offenders arrested for robbery in company, indecent assault or breaching AVOs would be spared jail and escape with cautions under juvenile law reform proposals.
Attorney-General Greg Smith is to consider a number of submissions about extending the reach of the Young Offenders Act (YOA), which allows offenders to be cautioned or be dealt with through youth conferencing.

The Juvenile Justice Department is being backed by the Greens, who are calling for even greater changes, including all offences that go before the Children's Court - even armed robbery and other violent crimes - coming under the YOA.

The Greens also want assault occasioning actual bodily harm and drug matters dealt with by the YOA. Greens MP David Shoebridge said yesterday incarceration should be a "last option"."

Read More;

<http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/juvenile-law-review-calls-for-cautions-to-spare-young-crims-from-jail/story-e6freuy9-1226441834631>

09jisaac

Fixed the link for you. Now all anyone has to do is click the link

Link

I don't see how this law is a bad thing, the way it is being used is though. That is what I hate about (some) modern politicians, they use the laws however they find fit.

Haz.

Fixed the link for you. Now all anyone has to do is click the link

Link

I don't see how this law is a bad thing, the way it is being used is though. That is what I hate about (some) modern politicians, they use the laws however they find fit.
Sorry mate. I usually break links with a < and >, to avoiding tracking cookies back to or from what ever site I post.

OC for ME

Sorry Haz, it appears that God, in his infinite wisdom, has left Australia to its citizens and rightly so.

In other words, God helps those that helps themselves.

Good luck and stay safe.

hermannr

Our government is considering this change?

Read More;

<http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/juvenile-law-review-calls-for-cautions-to-spare-young-crims-from-jail/story-e6freuy9-1226441834631>

Hej Haz!

There is a saying that "if you do not teach your children self discipline, the government will" Well, in this case, by the time these young offenders are adults, there will be no disciple...it will be all jail time.

Personally, I like the Singapore idea...caneing would get their attention quickly.

SFCRetired

Hej Haz!

There is a saying that "if you do not teach your children self discipline, the government will" Well, in this case, by the time these young offenders are adults, there will be no disciple...it will be all jail time.

Personally, I like the Singapore idea...caneing would get their attention quickly.

From what I saw of caning in Saudi Arabia, that's pretty brutal. However, I have absolutely no problems with a barber's razor strop. When wielded by a sufficiently fit individual and applied across a naked rear end, it will get the recipient's attention.