Thread: KC monthly meet and eat 11 Aug @ 1600 (4:00pm)

KC monthly meet and eat 11 Aug @ 1600 (4:00pm)

Who's in for this months get together . And where would we like to go?.
    Luke 22:36 :...if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by J XD View Post
    Who's in for this months get together . And where would we like to go?.

To chick-fil-a!

Just kidding. I hate chick-fil-a, but not because they hate the gays. It is simply not good.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

I'm new to the OC but would be very interested in joining the next meeting/dinner!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.40 View Post
    I'm new to the OC but would be very interested in joining the next meeting/dinner!!!!
    Well you are more than welcome. We just have to figure out where we would like to meet.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Aw rats! I am taking my daughter out for her 16th birthday that day. Catch you next time unless the date changes for this one...

And hopefully I will be in Seattle at Microsoft the second and third Saturday of September...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ChiangShih View Post
    To chick-fil-a!

Just kidding. I hate chick-fil-a, but not because they hate the gays. It is simply not good.
    I thought Chick-fil-a was good idea also. After all without the second amendment there is no first amendment....

I'll eat just about anything, so where ever would be good for me!

Accomplished Advocate
    I hate chick-fil-a, but not because they hate the gays. It is simply not good.
    I did not know they hated gays, see now there was a big deal I completely missed out on again lol.

As far as the food goes, my lovely maiden and I decided to give them a try about a year ago, newer store, clean and bright.

WOW talk about crap food though, I swear they must recycle McNuggets to make that garbage!

No offense to anyone who likes it, but not joking at all, we threw it away!
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

To chick-fil-a!

I'm with you, there is nothing special about their chicken thatI can find. However, saying they hate gays may be overstating things.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Me and my lady are on the ks side and don't know what all is over there to eat...any ideas yet??

OC meeting on the KS side...

If we're looking for some place to eat on the KS side, suggest some place in Olathe, KS. As I understand it, Olathe, KS. is OC-friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    I'm with you, there is nothing special about their chicken thatI can find. However, saying they hate gays may be overstating things.

Hate is a strong word, however, the company does discriminate against sexual preference.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

I'm so emotional, I my Glock. - Me

If they are discriminating, that is a violation of federal law. Do you have proof of this?

For Me To Know and You To Not Find Out, United States
    5pm works better for me (not that it matters )

Quote Originally Posted by SylntSleepr View Post
    Hate is a strong word, however, the company does discriminate against sexual preference.
    REALLY??? Better get your facts straight.... The OWNER of the food chain, commented that he believed, the TRADITION view of marrage between a man and a woman. He didnt say he hated or was against gays, the liberal media and gays put up that line. Everybody talks about free speech, the gays talk about being understanding and accepting others, that is as long as you GO ALONG with their views or agenda. You see what happens when you use your first amendment right stateing your opinion, when it goes against what THEY believe, your labeled a hater, raceist, or you discriminate.But I belive the good people, rallied to support his very right to hold that view by eating at his establishments, last week.Seems to me the phrase," THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN" will suffice.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

I agree with the above statement but let's stick to the topic at hand..haha..where are we eating Saturday???????

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Back on topic please!

This thread has gone seriously astray from the OP into the realm of perceived politics of Chick-Fil-A which in this case has nothing to do with OC or RKBA; hence many of these post are in violation of OCDO Rules.

Back on topic - Pick a place, a date & a time, confirm or not.

Take the rest somewhere else.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    If they are discriminating, that is a violation of federal law. Do you have proof of this?

The ACLU will have all the info you need on that.

Okay, since the people would rather talk about the Chick-fil-a thing and not about a place to eat.. Suggest this topic be closed. We're way off topic here.

Quote Originally Posted by Richieg150 View Post
    REALLY??? Better get your facts straight.... The OWNER of the food chain, commented that he believed, the TRADITION view of marrage between a man and a woman. He didnt say he hated or was against gays, the liberal media and gays put up that line. Everybody talks about free speech, the gays talk about being understanding and accepting others, that is as long as you GO ALONG with their views or agenda. You see what happens when you use your first amendment right stateing your opinion, when it goes against what THEY believe, your labeled a hater, raceist, or you discriminate.But I belive the good people, rallied to support his very right to hold that view by eating at his establishments, last week.Seems to me the phrase," THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN" will suffice.
    Sorry to have strayed off topic, last comment;

Contact the ACLU and they can give you the facts you seek. They were the ones who are giving out this information. The OWNER will tell the public exactly what they want to hear--politics.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SixGunCowboy View Post
    Okay, since the people would rather talk about the Chick-fil-a thing and not about a place to eat.. Suggest this topic be closed. We're way off topic here.
    I agree and have done so. There was never a consensus about a time and place in any event.

Suggest starting a clean thread with a selected place, time and date in the title - request a stickie and roll. Build it and they will come, talk too much about it and it gets lost in a rambling thread. We have an ad hoc committee that selects the venue - we post it and generally have at least 24 in attendance.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.