• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KC monthly meet and eat 11 Aug @ 1600 (4:00pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiangShih

Who's in for this months get together . And where would we like to go?.

To chick-fil-a!

Just kidding. I hate chick-fil-a, but not because they hate the gays. It is simply not good.

peterarthur

Aw rats! I am taking my daughter out for her 16th birthday that day. Catch you next time unless the date changes for this one...

And hopefully I will be in Seattle at Microsoft the second and third Saturday of September...

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I hate chick-fil-a, but not because they hate the gays. It is simply not good.

I did not know they hated gays, see now there was a big deal I completely missed out on again lol.

As far as the food goes, my lovely maiden and I decided to give them a try about a year ago, newer store, clean and bright.

WOW talk about crap food though, I swear they must recycle McNuggets to make that garbage!

No offense to anyone who likes it, but not joking at all, we threw it away!

kcgunfan

To chick-fil-a!

Just kidding. I hate chick-fil-a, but not because they hate the gays. It is simply not good.

I'm with you, there is nothing special about their chicken thatI can find. However, saying they hate gays may be overstating things.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

SixGunCowboy

OC meeting on the KS side...

If we're looking for some place to eat on the KS side, suggest some place in Olathe, KS. As I understand it, Olathe, KS. is OC-friendly.

kcgunfan

If they are discriminating, that is a violation of federal law. Do you have proof of this?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Richieg150

Hate is a strong word, however, the company does discriminate against sexual preference.

REALLY??? Better get your facts straight.... The OWNER of the food chain, commented that he believed, the TRADITION view of marrage between a man and a woman. He didnt say he hated or was against gays, the liberal media and gays put up that line. Everybody talks about free speech, the gays talk about being understanding and accepting others, that is as long as you GO ALONG with their views or agenda. You see what happens when you use your first amendment right stateing your opinion, when it goes against what THEY believe, your labeled a hater, raceist, or you discriminate.But I belive the good people, rallied to support his very right to hold that view by eating at his establishments, last week.Seems to me the phrase," THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN" will suffice.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Back on topic please!

This thread has gone seriously astray from the OP into the realm of perceived politics of Chick-Fil-A which in this case has nothing to do with OC or RKBA; hence many of these post are in violation of OCDO Rules.

Back on topic - Pick a place, a date & a time, confirm or not.

Take the rest somewhere else.

SixGunCowboy

Okay, since the people would rather talk about the Chick-fil-a thing and not about a place to eat.. Suggest this topic be closed. We're way off topic here.

SylntSleepr

REALLY??? Better get your facts straight.... The OWNER of the food chain, commented that he believed, the TRADITION view of marrage between a man and a woman. He didnt say he hated or was against gays, the liberal media and gays put up that line. Everybody talks about free speech, the gays talk about being understanding and accepting others, that is as long as you GO ALONG with their views or agenda. You see what happens when you use your first amendment right stateing your opinion, when it goes against what THEY believe, your labeled a hater, raceist, or you discriminate.But I belive the good people, rallied to support his very right to hold that view by eating at his establishments, last week.Seems to me the phrase," THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN" will suffice.

Sorry to have strayed off topic, last comment;

Contact the ACLU and they can give you the facts you seek. They were the ones who are giving out this information. The OWNER will tell the public exactly what they want to hear--politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.