• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeowner Catches Burglar in CO Springs!

Deserteagle8338

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — A quick-thinking homeowner takes justice into his own hands, to stop a would-be burglar who broke into his home in Colorado Springs.

“First i thought it was an animal,” says Lonn Rodine. “I soon discovered it was an intruder.”

Rodine was sound asleep. Nevertheless, he was prepared. “Had a shotgun next to my bed… I grabbed the shotgun.”

Locked and loaded, Rodine picked up the shotgun just as the thief was grabbing a computer monitor.

“This guy was really, really bold. He was dressed in full tactical gear, black SWAT-type shirt, military ammo gunbelt and SWAT pants,” Rodine says.

Despite the intruder’s intimidating look, the homeowner, with shotgun in hand, took his chances.

“So when I came around the corner, I used some of my training and fully expected a gun in my face … found the intruder crouched behind one of the counters.”

Rodine pointed his gun in the intruder’s face and called police.

“I asked him to lay down face-first … told him to stretch out.” Rodine called police and kept the suspect there until officers arrived.

Colorado Springs police got there in less than five minutes. They didn’t waste any time when the dispatcher told them a homeowner had a burglar at gunpoint.

It turns out the suspect, a 17-year-old, decided to do some talking before police got there. “They had already taken several guns stored in the basement and had them in a wheelbarrow in the backyard,” Rodine says.

The homeowner says there have been a number of break-ins in his neighborhood during the last couple of weeks.

He’s glad he had his gun ready. “Guns prevent loss of life, whether you think so or not,” he says.

Rodine says if you’re going to keep a gun in the house, it is essential that you get training on how to use and store it.

http://kdvr.com/2012/08/02/exclusive-homeowner-with-shotgun-stops-suspected-burglar/

Last edited:

mahkagari

Colorado Springs police got there in less than five minutes. They didn’t waste any time when the dispatcher told them a homeowner had a burglar at gunpoint.

LOL. How refreshing. If you expect to be facing a gun in your face that will send a bullet through your skull in less than a fraction of a second, police won't waste any time and will be there in "less than five minutes".

Scotsman

This story makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...not sure if I would have been as considerate as this home owner but it still gives me a tingly feeling in the holster! Lol!

davidmcbeth

Banned
They were prepared .. they had a WHEELBARROW :lol:

But the cops took his guns that were in the barrow as evidence, bummer.

Just kidding !

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
This story warms the cockles of my little Irish heart. And I've got some major cockles to warm!

I believe there will come a day when the bad guys learn that their ambitions are no longer worth the risk and find a new trade.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

mobiushky

Yes but he's an off duty special forces undercover swat trained military scout sniper officer. He's had 75 years of secret training that was used as a basis for the Bourne movies. He's WAY more qualified to use a shotgun than the average home owner with some stupid training from his local gun shop. You can't possibly be capable of protecting yourself with a firearm... No, say it ain't so.....

The previous was brought to you by sarcastics anonymous.

bogidu

Now that everyone. . . .

. . . . has done the cheerful happy dance, can I point out the giant flaw that regularly gets people killed?

“They had already taken several guns stored in the basement and had them in a wheelbarrow in the backyard,”

So either this teenager was a master thief with fantastic safe cracking skills or we have an example of YET ANOTHER DUMBASS WHO DOESN'T F'N SECURE THEIR WEAPONS!!!

Here's how the follow up story MIGHT have gone. Homeowner was not home, but two weeks later the stolen firearms were used in drug deals, murders, etc. If you're going have firearms, securing them is not optional.