• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We can now say...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
For some reason what's left of my brain is telling me that this is not new news - that the CDC has said this before in a paper/journal article that listed a number of gun control myths and put figures to them showing how just about the exact opposite was the truth. My brain also wants to tell me that they showed statistically that strong gun control produces high crime rates (both violent and non-violent crime).

Unfortunately my brain is not letting me do een basic Google-fu this morning. Can someone please check this and post either confirmation or the announcement that my brain is totally non-functual on this?

Thanks in advance.

stay safe.

sonofagun

I don't have any info about the CDC. But I was reading about the UK laws yesterday, to find out where we are headed... And after the 1997 shooting, when the UK really clamped down gun laws to the extreme, they made it nearly impossible to own a pistol (from what I understand you CAN, but the legal hoops are almost insurmountable). In the next 10 years (2007) gun crime had climbed 50%. I have to go through my history and find the page, but a couple sites I checked had said the same. And in this instance, the numbers were for gun crime only, not including other violent crime. Sort of reminds you of Chicago... Extreme anti-gun laws, and yet so much gun crime.