Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53

Thread: Do not have any beverages in your pie hole while reading

  1. #1
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273

    Do not have any beverages in your pie hole while reading

    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765
    Why is this funny?

  3. #3
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    The guy didn't handle it properly but , yeah that was funny!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  4. #4
    Regular Member M-Taliesin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Why is this funny?
    Howdy Tess!
    Well... for starters....
    How about their response time! That's hysterical right there.

    When their cars were being crushed, the cops were only minutes away!
    It don't get much more hilarious than that!

    And then only on the heels of a 911 call!!! Really???

    Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Last edited by M-Taliesin; 08-03-2012 at 09:11 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Maine Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ukraine & Bangor Maine
    Posts
    235
    If this were a Smokey & the Bandit movie I'd be rollin on the floor, but what about response time to citizens calling for help? With half the Dept's cars dead their ability to respond is virtually eliminated and leaves citizens in need of help swinging in the breeze there. With most SDs and PDs stretched to the limit already?

    It may be good for a laugh, but not good in the end, especially if you're hiding in your bathroom from a home invader and no LEOs can get to you because some SFB crushed the cars.
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” ― Plato

    Plato knew this yet today's antis still don't get it!

    Join the fight for freedom
    Oathkeepers

  6. #6
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Google the title of the news story and one of the other news reports specifically cites a witness as estimating that the back tires of the tractor were about 15' tall.

    For those who are humor challenged.....they, the deputies, looked out a window to see the guy pulling a Grave Digger on their cars and could not get downstairs in time to catch him.

    Man, a security camera video of this would make my day.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  7. #7
    McX
    Guest
    hippies with farm tractors running amok in our society. i thought i had seen it all, i stand corrected. apparently the guy didnt read the caution label on the tractor that said; dont operate heavy machinery while stoned.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Spfld, Mo.
    Posts
    430
    It might be one for World's Dumbest, but boy it sure is funny. Thanks for the warning to have my pie hole emptied prior to perusal.

    Farmer Bob rolling down the road whistling Dixie. Police SGT says, "Well go get him!" Officer points out the window and says in his best Gomer Pyle voice, "In what? Surprise, surprise, surprise."

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    the true tragedy???

    At least two deputies had gone inside a few moments before after washing their vehicles, officials said.

    Isn't it always AFTER you wash them that this happens...

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    . We're going to have to get the jaws of life up here to pry the trunks open and see about the rifles and shotguns

    More evidence of cops running around with M16s I think ... why they need M16s? To shoot us most likely when the time comes.


    Not happy with the cops? Then he should have ran over their POVs ... ah, he was probably high at the time.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-03-2012 at 11:27 AM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member 09jisaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisa, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    . We're going to have to get the jaws of life up here to pry the trunks open and see about the rifles and shotguns

    More evidence of cops running around with M16s I think ... why they need M16s? To shoot us most likely when the time comes.


    Not happy with the cops? Then he should have ran over their POVs ... ah, he was probably high at the time.
    Most officers only have AR-15 or something similar. No one ever said they had M-16s.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Most officers only have AR-15 or something similar. No one ever said they had M-16s.
    The feds have been giving away M16s ... so its likely they have M16s. You can do a FOIA request with them if you wish to determine AR15 or M16 variety.

  13. #13
    Regular Member VW_Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Posts
    1,098
    Certainly not the "correct way" to protest.

    I do find it quite humorous from a surreal standpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Most officers only have AR-15 or something similar. No one ever said they had M-16s.
    Well, actually, most fully-automatic patrol rifles are AR-15's anyway. The M16 is a very specific configuration of a fully-automatic AR-15.

    But your intended point is valid. The officers in my area are only using semi-automatic AR-15s.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  15. #15
    Regular Member WOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Onalaska WA
    Posts
    225
    To be honest, I am conflicted by this news story.

    I can see the surreal humor in it, and I can also see the not so humorous aspects.

    If this police force was known to be a corrupt bunch of A-Holes and D-Bags, the Rebel in me says "Hell Ya!"

    But, the reality is more than likely not that, and this guys actions are wrong on sooo many levels.

    Have we, as a society, devolved this far?
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

    Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by WOD View Post
    ...Have we, as a society, devolved this far?
    Let's go back to the very beginning of this story:
    ...A man on a big farm tractor, angry about his recent arrest for resisting arrest and marijuana possession...
    Assuming the recent arrest was because of the marijuana possession, at no time did this man actually do anything to harm a single soul until this insanely futile, insanely overreaching, insanely expensive, and insanely unjust "war on drugs" made him this way.

    For the record, I can't stand pot. But, that is irrelevant, as it should be.
    Last edited by MAC702; 08-03-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  17. #17
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    So much for the argument that pot is a harmless drug.

    This will set the pot industy back 10 years....now that is funny.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    I tell you what, I find this hilarious. Not least of which is the fact that this happened in their parking lot and it STILL required a 911 call for them to respond.

    Honestly, if I were one of them deputies, I'd be laughing my ass off. No one got hurt and everything that was damaged is replaceable. At great cost, sure, but at the end of the day if you can't laugh at something so ridiculous then what can you laugh at?

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Let's go back to the very beginning of this story:

    Assuming the recent arrest was because of the marijuana possession, at no time did this man actually do anything to harm a single soul until this insanely futile, insanely overreaching, insanely expensive, and insanely unjust "war on drugs" made him this way.

    For the record, I can't stand pot. But, that is irrelevant, as it should be.
    +1

  20. #20
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    One of his charges is leaving the scene of an accident...........WHAT ACCIDENT!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510
    Count me with those who find it hilarious.

    His response was certainly preferable to that of Carl Drega, just a hundred miles away from this incident, who was also extremely fed up about being hassled over victimless "crimes".

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    One of his charges is leaving the scene of an accident...........WHAT ACCIDENT!
    As humorous as this entire story is, that was the first time I literally LOL'd.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Does it really matter if we call them M16s or ARs? They're literally the same thing.

    inb4 NO THEY'RE NOT

    They are.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  24. #24
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    One of his charges is leaving the scene of an accident...........WHAT ACCIDENT!
    I agree! This was NO ACCIDENT! It would seem to be a deliberate intentional act and the perpetrator SHOULD face the full responsibility of his actions ASSUMING that the reporting is accurate to what actually happened!

    I find no joy in intentional acts of any person in violation of our Constitutionally established form of Government BY ANY INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Does it really matter if we call them M16s or ARs? They're literally the same thing...
    Well, all M16s are AR15s, yes.
    Last edited by MAC702; 08-03-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •