• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do not have any beverages in your pie hole while reading

KBCraig

Count me with those who find it hilarious.

His response was certainly preferable to that of Carl Drega, just a hundred miles away from this incident, who was also extremely fed up about being hassled over victimless "crimes".

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Does it really matter if we call them M16s or ARs? They're literally the same thing.

inb4 NO THEY'RE NOT

They are.

JoeSparky

Centurion
One of his charges is leaving the scene of an accident...........WHAT ACCIDENT! :p

I agree! This was NO ACCIDENT! It would seem to be a deliberate intentional act and the perpetrator SHOULD face the full responsibility of his actions ASSUMING that the reporting is accurate to what actually happened!

I find no joy in intentional acts of any person in violation of our Constitutionally established form of Government BY ANY INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY!

rscottie

He should plead guilty to leaving the scene of an "accident".

Then use that to get out of the charges of damaging the equipment as I do not see how it can be both accidental damage and willful damage at the same time!

davidmcbeth

Banned
He is innocent until proven guilty ... maybe someone on the jury will nullify the charge .. not likely though, its VT, not NH.

The population is 7800 ... if 1/2 the squads were there (making about 12-14 squads total) and each had a AR15/M16 then that's a rifle per every 500-600 residents ... that's about what they would need to control the entire population. Next step: disarmament as much as possible and the process is ready to be completed.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I agree! This was NO ACCIDENT! It would seem to be a deliberate intentional act and the perpetrator SHOULD face the full responsibility of his actions ASSUMING that the reporting is accurate to what actually happened!

I find no joy in intentional acts of any person in violation of our Constitutionally established form of Government BY ANY INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY!

I agree the guy didn't handle it right, but please show me in the Constitution where proactive police force (standing army) can harass people for individual choices ?

Let's not forget why the 2A was put in place.......:eek:

hahah

He is innocent until proven guilty ... maybe someone on the jury will nullify the charge .. not likely though, its VT, not NH.

The population is 7800 ... if 1/2 the squads were there (making about 12-14 squads total) and each had a AR15/M16 then that's a rifle per every 500-600 residents ... that's about what they would need to control the entire population. Next step: disarmament as much as possible and the process is ready to be completed.

Parinoid much?

JoeSparky

Centurion
I agree the guy didn't handle it right, but please show me in the Constitution where proactive police force (standing army) can harass people for individual choices ?

Let's not forget why the 2A was put in place.......:eek:

The guy was angry for a previous arrest. He had and has legal options available to " seek redress" thur the courts. The choice he made was not appropriate and illegal.
On this forum a lot is made about seeking legal redress when persons feel that their rights have been violated. We even have a rule prohibiting unlawful acts.
Upon his conviction he will no longer be innocent in the eyes of the law or a lawful society.
Personally, I find it sad when anyone chooses to intentionally act in any manner that violates another's rights or is unlawful.
We can disagree about if a certain act or behavior may be lawful or unlawful or even if the federal government or other more local entities has expanded beyond the confines established by our constitutional form of government. We still have legal for of redress and even advocate using these form of redress to seek restitution.
For example, many times members of our LE communities have used audio and video recordings to either provide evidence of unlawfully activities and LE and or citizen recordings have provided evidence or exoneration of allegations of LE misconduct. The LE recordings can help the officer/agency or hurt them.
Now much like a fire extinguisher we don't get much notice if any when it will be needed. Having a audio and or video recording of out actions will either help or hurt us in providing an unbiased record of our actions or the actions of others.
I hope I've made some spence with this. It is a challenge for me to make these types of postings on a smart phone.

sudden valley gunner

The guy was angry for a previous arrest. He had and has legal options available to " seek redress" thur the courts. The choice he made was not appropriate and illegal.
On this forum a lot is made about seeking legal redress when persons feel that their rights have been violated. We even have a rule prohibiting unlawful acts.
Upon his conviction he will no longer be innocent in the eyes of the law or a lawful society.
Personally, I find it sad when anyone chooses to intentionally act in any manner that violates another's rights or is unlawful.
We can disagree about if a certain act or behavior may be lawful or unlawful or even if the federal government or other more local entities has expanded beyond the confines established by our constitutional form of government. We still have legal for of redress and even advocate using these form of redress to seek restitution.
For example, many times members of our LE communities have used audio and video recordings to either provide evidence of unlawfully activities and LE and or citizen recordings have provided evidence or exoneration of allegations of LE misconduct. The LE recordings can help the officer/agency or hurt them.
Now much like a fire extinguisher we don't get much notice if any when it will be needed. Having a audio and or video recording of out actions will either help or hurt us in providing an unbiased record of our actions or the actions of others.
I hope I've made some spence with this. It is a challenge for me to make these types of postings on a smart phone.

Mostly agreed, I think I might have read a little more into the statement than you intended, my apologies.

DocWalker

LE communities have used audio and video recordings to either provide evidence of unlawfully activities and LE and or citizen recordings have provided evidence or exoneration of allegations of LE misconduct. The LE recordings can help the officer/agency or hurt them.

Yes but have you ever noticed that if the recordings might make the LE look bad or prove misconduct then the recordings either disapear or the camera wasn't turned on? I was on a jury that the camera the officer had on went out a couple of times (no sound or picture) once when the officer used his personal cell phone to call the department and once when the officer was tossing the 68 year old lady to the ground and she is the one that called 911.

She was found NOT-GUILTY on all accounts; the jury was pissed we couldn't charge the officer with something. We all felt he was at fault and shouldn't wear a badge.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Yes but have you ever noticed that if the recordings might make the LE look bad or prove misconduct then the recordings either disapear or the camera wasn't turned on? I was on a jury that the camera the officer had on went out a couple of times (no sound or picture) once when the officer used his personal cell phone to call the department and once when the officer was tossing the 68 year old lady to the ground and she is the one that called 911.

She was found NOT-GUILTY on all accounts; the jury was pissed we couldn't charge the officer with something. We all felt he was at fault and shouldn't wear a badge.

First I'll say that mechanical or electrical failures can happen with any device and the more complex the more likely it is to happen. But, I do agree that at times the frequency and timing of the failures could let one to suspect the device had some "help" with it's failure.
If it is proven that an officer intentionally interfered or obstructed said recording then they should face serious consequences, not just a slap on the wrists.
Again, the likelyhood that multiple recording systems would all fail simultaneously is highly unlikely. Certainly adds "need" for one to have their own system and not rely on a system over which they have no control. And anyone who would provide deceptive or altered recordings in an effort to improperly punish another should have the book thrown at them.

OC for ME

It's a dude.....on a big tractor.....who runs over a bunch of cop cars.....at the cop building parking lot.

Some folks around here are wound a little too tight.

rscottie

While I understand the forum rule that we do not advocate illegal acts....can I at least giggle a bit thinking about this old dude on his tractor running over the cops cars??