• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do not have any beverages in your pie hole while reading

M-Taliesin

Why is this funny?

Howdy Tess!
Well... for starters....
How about their response time! That's hysterical right there.

When their cars were being crushed, the cops were only minutes away!
It don't get much more hilarious than that!

And then only on the heels of a 911 call!!! Really???

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

Maine Expat

If this were a Smokey & the Bandit movie I'd be rollin on the floor, but what about response time to citizens calling for help? With half the Dept's cars dead their ability to respond is virtually eliminated and leaves citizens in need of help swinging in the breeze there. With most SDs and PDs stretched to the limit already?

It may be good for a laugh, but not good in the end, especially if you're hiding in your bathroom from a home invader and no LEOs can get to you because some SFB crushed the cars.

OC for ME

Google the title of the news story and one of the other news reports specifically cites a witness as estimating that the back tires of the tractor were about 15' tall.

For those who are humor challenged.....they, the deputies, looked out a window to see the guy pulling a Grave Digger on their cars and could not get downstairs in time to catch him.

Man, a security camera video of this would make my day.

M

McX

hippies with farm tractors running amok in our society. i thought i had seen it all, i stand corrected. apparently the guy didnt read the caution label on the tractor that said; dont operate heavy machinery while stoned.

REALteach4u

It might be one for World's Dumbest, but boy it sure is funny. Thanks for the warning to have my pie hole emptied prior to perusal.

Farmer Bob rolling down the road whistling Dixie. Police SGT says, "Well go get him!" Officer points out the window and says in his best Gomer Pyle voice, "In what? Surprise, surprise, surprise."

davidmcbeth

Banned
the true tragedy???

At least two deputies had gone inside a few moments before after washing their vehicles, officials said.

Isn't it always AFTER you wash them that this happens...

davidmcbeth

Banned
. We're going to have to get the jaws of life up here to pry the trunks open and see about the rifles and shotguns

More evidence of cops running around with M16s I think ... why they need M16s? To shoot us most likely when the time comes.

Not happy with the cops? Then he should have ran over their POVs ... ah, he was probably high at the time.

Last edited:

09jisaac

. We're going to have to get the jaws of life up here to pry the trunks open and see about the rifles and shotguns

More evidence of cops running around with M16s I think ... why they need M16s? To shoot us most likely when the time comes.

Not happy with the cops? Then he should have ran over their POVs ... ah, he was probably high at the time.

Most officers only have AR-15 or something similar. No one ever said they had M-16s.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Most officers only have AR-15 or something similar. No one ever said they had M-16s.

Well, actually, most fully-automatic patrol rifles are AR-15's anyway. The M16 is a very specific configuration of a fully-automatic AR-15.

But your intended point is valid. The officers in my area are only using semi-automatic AR-15s.

WOD

To be honest, I am conflicted by this news story.

I can see the surreal humor in it, and I can also see the not so humorous aspects.

If this police force was known to be a corrupt bunch of A-Holes and D-Bags, the Rebel in me says "Hell Ya!"

But, the reality is more than likely not that, and this guys actions are wrong on sooo many levels.

Have we, as a society, devolved this far?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Have we, as a society, devolved this far?

Let's go back to the very beginning of this story:
...A man on a big farm tractor, angry about his recent arrest for resisting arrest and marijuana possession...

Assuming the recent arrest was because of the marijuana possession, at no time did this man actually do anything to harm a single soul until this insanely futile, insanely overreaching, insanely expensive, and insanely unjust "war on drugs" made him this way.

For the record, I can't stand pot. But, that is irrelevant, as it should be.

Last edited:

Jack House

I tell you what, I find this hilarious. Not least of which is the fact that this happened in their parking lot and it STILL required a 911 call for them to respond. :lol:

Honestly, if I were one of them deputies, I'd be laughing my ass off. No one got hurt and everything that was damaged is replaceable. At great cost, sure, but at the end of the day if you can't laugh at something so ridiculous then what can you laugh at?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Let's go back to the very beginning of this story:

Assuming the recent arrest was because of the marijuana possession, at no time did this man actually do anything to harm a single soul until this insanely futile, insanely overreaching, insanely expensive, and insanely unjust "war on drugs" made him this way.

For the record, I can't stand pot. But, that is irrelevant, as it should be.

+1