Thread: Why doctors are more dangerous than guns

Why doctors are more dangerous than guns

While I do not always agree with the Ranger, he does sometimes have some good stuff, and I do agree with him on this one.
    In fact I have posted it on my own blog about a week ago. Do you think doctors are more dangerous? I was convinced of it even before his article came out.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036679_do...atalities.html

www.wmodavis.com

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    A little while back I read an interesting piece that said doctors and hospitals together account for approximately 190,000 accidental, negligent, or unexpected deaths due to error per year. Perhaps we can now refer to them as "Assault Doctors".
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Banned
    that's why you should video tape your visit to the hospital ...

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Oh God, I'm in a heap of trouble. This October, I go in for a total knee replacement. Hope they don't do a sex change by mistake. What would that make my wife??
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Banned
    I don't where the two are related .. so its an apples to oranges comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Oh God, I'm in a heap of trouble. This October, I go in for a total knee replacement. Hope they don't do a sex change by mistake. What would that make my wife??
    Very wealthy.

Well.....interesting. If doctors are as dangerous as stated.....don't go to them.....and improve your chances of survival by 6200%.

Prescription medicine related deaths......cite please. (How many are caused by the 'pill taker' and not the 'pill giver'?)

In the context of raw numbers, don't drive to the doctor. You may not make your appointment, get killed while at the doctor, or achieve room temperature on the way home from the doctor.....according to the 'Ranger'.

As far as the 'Ranger' is concerned.....he preys on the paranoid prepper.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...s-Preparedness
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Well.....interesting. If doctors are as dangerous as stated.....don't go to them.....and improve your chances of survival by 6200%.

Prescription medicine related deaths......cite please. (How many are caused by the 'pill taker' and not the 'pill giver'?)

In the context of raw numbers, don't drive to the doctor. You may not make your appointment, get killed while at the doctor, or achieve room temperature on the way home from the doctor.....according to the 'Ranger'.

As far as the 'Ranger' is concerned.....he preys on the paranoid prepper.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...s-Preparedness
    IF you'd have paid attention to the video you would have seen a clear cite of the source. JAMA Vol 284, No 4, July 26 2000.

Use a number such as 0.32% instead.
    ....overall incidence of fatal ADRs was 0.32% (of hospital patients).

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article....ticleid=187436
    The link takes you to the actual study where the 106,000 can be found. There a different story is told regarding that number and the accuracy of that number.

Natural News is fear mongering and guilty of trying to create a issue where no issue exists. The Health Ranger's "helping" is not helping.

Some accept his premise, I do not, and never did.

If you believe that you are more likely to be killed by your/a doctor than as the result of a gun.....don't go to the doctor.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare