• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NVFAC newsletter

The Big Guy

Don Turner has let me know that the Association is looking for someone to take charge of the newsletter "the firing line". If you have skills in this regard and would like the important challange of taking this on, drop him an email at Don@NVFAC.org.

I hope that we have an open carrier that will step up on this one.

TBG

Vegassteve

Interesting. I am not a writer nor do I have the grammer skills. But if it is more of a technical thing of gather and maintain I may be interested. On the other hand. Why has there been no member wide communication on this need? How hard is a email blast? Not hard by the way.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I can write. I love writing, and my grammar and spelling make an editor's job easy, but this is going to need someone who is good at delegating, and coordinating, in addition to whatever promulgation and printing needs there may be. This is not me.

The Big Guy

I can write. I love writing, and my grammar and spelling make an editor's job easy, but this is going to need someone who is good at delegating, and coordinating, in addition to whatever promulgation and printing needs there may be. This is not me.

"Promulgation"? Now where the hell did I put that dictionary?

TBG

Frantic84

"Promulgation"? Now where the hell did I put that dictionary?

TBG

prom·ul·gate   [prom-uhl-geyt, proh-muhl-geyt]
verb (used with object), prom·ul·gat·ed, prom·ul·gat·ing.
1.to make known by open declaration; publish; proclaim formally or put into operation (a law, decree of a court, etc.).
2.to set forth or teach publicly (a creed, doctrine, etc.).

The Big Guy

prom·ul·gate   [prom-uhl-geyt, proh-muhl-geyt]
verb (used with object), prom·ul·gat·ed, prom·ul·gat·ing.
1.to make known by open declaration; publish; proclaim formally or put into operation (a law, decree of a court, etc.).
2.to set forth or teach publicly (a creed, doctrine, etc.).

Or

Promulgation is the act of formally proclaiming or declaring a new statutory or administrative law after its enactment. In some jurisdictions, this additional step is necessary before the law can take effect.
After a new law is approved, it is announced to the public through the publication of the text of the law in a government periodical and/or on official websites. National laws of extraordinary importance to the public may be announced by the head of state on a national broadcast. Local laws are usually announced in the local newspapers and published in bulletins or compendia of municipal regulations.

Now how have I reached my advancing age without knowing that?

TBG

The Big Guy

Steve and Mac, If you've a mind, (or even half a one), why don't you get together and one can gather and do the paste up, (do they still use that term in electronic media?) and the other can write and edit.

No reason there has to be just one involved. In order to do it correctly there should be several people involved. I'd help where I could.

TBG

Last edited:

Vegassteve

Steve and Mac, If you've a mind, (or even half a one), why don't you get together and one can gather and do the paste up, (do they still use that term in electronic media?) and the other can write and edit.

No reason there has to be just one involved. In order to do it correctly there should be several people involved. I'd help where I could.

TBG

I think that a fine idea. I need Mac to do some air work, and I have some ccw students for him as well. Mac I will pm you soon.

Merlin

If I can facilitate technical needs, I'd be happy to. I don't have a lot of spare time nowadays, but once someone takes lead on it, I'd happily sit down with them and see if they can find a use for me.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

SoLasVegas

I would be happy to offer assistance as well. I have fairly good writing skills, and moderately good photography skills in case that is needed. I can provide any type of computer/technology assistance that is necessary.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

No one has stepped up on this for certain. We in the OC community need someone on this.

You can be anywhere in the state I would think. How about some of you guys up on the big end?

TBG

Last edited:

wrightme

No one has stepped on this for certain. We in the OC community need someone on this.

You can be anywhere in the state I would think. How about some of you guys up on the big end?

TBG

Maybe one of the ones who point out at each turn the need, can step forward to fill that need.

The Big Guy

email blast seems to be working now.

My wife and I recieved the first NVFAC email blast today. That is indeed good news as it will help keep membership updated.

There still is a need for someone to step forward and take over the e newsletter, The Firing Line.

Is there any OC'er out there that can take on this task? If you can, email Don Turner at don@nvfac.org.

TBG

Rollbar

Here is a simple answer-get the area directors to write a paragraph of what is happening in their area each month, piece it together with their activities and get the V.P. to send it out.

Just a thought,
Jim

Last edited:

SoLasVegas

My wife and I recieved the first NVFAC email blast today. That is indeed good news as it will help keep membership updated.

There still is a need for someone to step forward and take over the e newsletter, The Firing Line.

Is there any OC'er out there that can take on this task? If you can, email Don Turner at don@nvfac.org.

TBG

I didn't receive anything today, so apparently it isn't working 100%.

I offered to help with a newsletter (not full time, but offered to write/edit on a part time basis) when I emailed Don. I also offered assistance in putting together the email system as well as any other tech help necessary. His response was pretty much "we have it under control". Whether that meant they don't want any help or just that they don't want my help, I have no idea.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

I didn't receive anything today, so apparently it isn't working 100%.

I offered to help with a newsletter (not full time, but offered to write/edit on a part time basis) when I emailed Don. I also offered assistance in putting together the email system as well as any other tech help necessary. His response was pretty much "we have it under control". Whether that meant they don't want any help or just that they don't want my help, I have no idea.

Send him an email and tell him you did not get the email blast today. Maybe they don't have your email?

As far as the newsletter, I"m guessing they are looking for someone to take control of it. I can't immagine it would take all that much time, but I don't know.

TBG