Thread: trading a rifle for another though an individual

trading a rifle for another though an individual

I am planning on trading an AR-15 for another with a family friend. We both live in NC. What would we need do do so that this 100% legitimate.

You need to bring BOTH guns and 200 rounds each to me. I will test the guns over an unspecified period of time to ensure proper operation. At the end of that time, I will return them to their new owners.

Really: If neither of you are in the business of dealing in firearms, and are mutually assured that the other is legally allowed to possess the gun, just hand them over (to each other; you don't need me). I find nothing in NC law requiring any of the hoopla that handguns require as applying to long guns. Even though you are friends you may want to do Bills of Sale just in case of theft or for insurance purposes.

And, yes mods, this is probably outside the boundaries of the forum. Just sayin'......
    Last edited by bc.cruiser; 08-03-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks for the info. That's what I was thinking. I tried to post this in the FAQ questions and they told me to go the the state specific forums to ask.