• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

trading a rifle for another though an individual

.40CLTlocal

I am planning on trading an AR-15 for another with a family friend. We both live in NC. What would we need do do so that this 100% legitimate.

bc.cruiser

You need to bring BOTH guns and 200 rounds each to me. I will test the guns over an unspecified period of time to ensure proper operation. At the end of that time, I will return them to their new owners.:lol::lol:

Really: If neither of you are in the business of dealing in firearms, and are mutually assured that the other is legally allowed to possess the gun, just hand them over (to each other; you don't need me). I find nothing in NC law requiring any of the hoopla that handguns require as applying to long guns. Even though you are friends you may want to do Bills of Sale just in case of theft or for insurance purposes.

And, yes mods, this is probably outside the boundaries of the forum. Just sayin'......

Last edited:

.40CLTlocal

Thanks for the info. That's what I was thinking. I tried to post this in the FAQ questions and they told me to go the the state specific forums to ask.