Thread: Request: Spoiler tags

Request: Spoiler tags

Can we get some spoiler tags for the forum? They'd be mighty helpful in formatting posts where you quote a lot of sources or huge sections of laws that can be easily hidden and revealed so not take up unnecessary room.

Here is an example of a spoiler tag.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=279069

An example of where it would come in handy are things like FAQs. For example, when discussing a particular law, you can have a summary of what the law says, then quote it in spoiler tags so as to keep the post short and tidy, but still have the statue readily available to read.

I find this a good idea. On the Kentucky sub-forum we have a thread of all the laws. It would be nice if we can have the actual text of the right there so they don't have to keep clicking links to read all the actual text.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Tangentially, it would be nice to have this kind of thing happen, automatically, for any quote that's of significant length. People who lazily whole-quote entire, long posts, when they're responding to a single sentence, or just generally agreeing, are tiresome bothers. If long quotes got truncated, with a button to show the entire quote, we'd need a lot less scrolling. If the entire quote weren't shipped from the server until the "entire quote" button were clicked, the server would have to send a little less data overall.

Bump

Bump

Come on, guys, I need this.
    Last edited by Jack House; 08-13-2012 at 04:47 PM.