• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone see a desire to have a "LAWSUIT" or similar section of the forum?

Forum need for "LAWSUIT" section

• I don't see any need and think it would hurt

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I think this would have limited use

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel it may help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I see a real compelling reason for a lawsuit section

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

davidmcbeth

Banned
To keep folks apprised of lawsuits and updates ... after Heller, we knew that many suits would be churning .. and we are seeing this occurring.

A separate forum section may be useful to try to keep the federal ones easily maintained & reviewable.

Shoot a vote if you choose.

Fallschirjmäger

I can certainly see where a central repository may come in handy, that much is certain.
Not only would more members be aware of the various happenings around the country, but it's more than a little possible that with more exposure more people would be able to point out strategies and court decisions that would be helpful.

Of course I can see the bad point as well.... most of those lawsuits would be aimed against a certain segment of the general population.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The problem I see is that until the lawsuit gets to at least the Federal District Court level it is pretty much a very local matter with no indication of becoming anything bigger. A section devoted to (almost) all lawsuits filed could get clogged up pretty quickly.

The other problem I forsee is the updating of any lawsuit posted. Some folks know how to do legal research and have the resources to do it, while others may be limited to Google and pure luck. Unless someone was "in charge" and kept the updates in order with each case as a separate stickey I am very worried that mass confusion would reign. But then I am a copybook order-and-control freak when it comes to case review.

Tracking down, let alone tracking, promising cases in any one state would seem to be a near-monumental task. Doing so on a nation-wide basis makes my teeth ache just thinkking about the amount of work it would need.

Anybody with ideas of how to manage the task, as opposed to merely saying "It's a neat idea" is encouraged to chime up.

stay safe.

DrakeZ07

Dunno, but I'll tell ya what may be a better forum addition idea... OpenCarry.org personals section!~ Because sometimes trying to find a date that likes guns is too hard. That, or date -only- Marines <3