• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Article on Jesus Gonzales in Milwaukee Magazine. July issue

bigdaddy1

I'm sitting in the Urgi-med office waiting room with my son, pick up a magazine because I notice it has an article about beer. Thumbing through the magazine I come across a picture of Jesus Gonzales and the story of his imprisonment. Don't know if anyone else read it or not, I didn't know it was in there.

bigdaddy1

I found the website but its not searchable from what I can see. I "borrowed" the physical magazine from the hospital but I dont think I will be able to retype the entire article.
The website is www.milwaukeemag.com but I cant seem to see how to get to back issues. It was in the July 2012 issue, pages 45 to 51 and continues on pages 96 to 99 (its a big article). If you can figure out how to find it please post it.

M

McX

been awhile since i heard the name. i remember thinking his first name was indeed correct, as he was indeed sacrificed.

*disclaimer; no invocation of diety meant, nor affiliation or association with. He was my friend, and i miss him.

Last edited:

AaronS

I'm sitting in the Urgi-med office waiting room with my son, pick up a magazine because I notice it has an article about beer. Thumbing through the magazine I come across a picture of Jesus Gonzales and the story of his imprisonment. Don't know if anyone else read it or not, I didn't know it was in there.

Any way you could scan it and e-mail it?

I still think of him as a friend, and would like to read what the mag might have to say.

bigdaddy1

Any way you could scan it and e-mail it?

I still think of him as a friend, and would like to read what the mag might have to say.

I will see what I can come up with. Might have to wait until Monday when I can sneak the use of the office scanner.

Nevermind, you got it !!!

Last edited:

KBCraig

Here you go.

In order to help others in the future, I'll explain the process: I went to milwaukeemag.com, and saw that articles and items are added continually, not just as part of a static publication date.

I clicked on the "magazine" link, which took me to http://www.milwaukeemag.com/august2012.

Gee, that seems like a hint. Let's try this: http://www.milwaukeemag.com/july2012.

Bingo!

Right there on the front page:

http://www.milwaukeemag.com/article/6182012-ALoadedQuestion

I've only read the first page so far, so I can't comment on the quality of the article or how Jesus is portrayed.

Last edited:

MKEgal

Other than using a prejudicial picture of Jesus, & "oh poor thing" pictures of Corn, it seems to be pretty balanced.

I still wonder how the bartender got away with perjury, since she told the police one thing that night (saying that the 2 who were shot were being rowdy, drunk, etc. - it's in their reports) and testified to something different.

And I wonder how the jury could believe the criminal (admitted drug user, drug family) over the person with absolutely no criminal record.

bigdaddy1

Other than using a prejudicial picture of Jesus, & "oh poor thing" pictures of Corn, it seems to be pretty balanced.

I still wonder how the bartender got away with perjury, since she told the police one thing that night (saying that the 2 who were shot were being rowdy, drunk, etc. - it's in their reports) and testified to something different.

And I wonder how the jury could believe the criminal (admitted drug user, drug family) over the person with absolutely no criminal record.

I am sure the prosecuting attorney painted Jesus very unflatteringly, working his views about gun rights with the typical negative view. The jury only has the pictures the defense and prosecution paint to generate their impressions, the prosecution painted a more vivid picture. Sometimes justice isn't always about getting to the truth.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

It seems that their is Only one FACT, that we all can be sure of...

Jesus did not walk to his car, to park it in his drive way...

Instead he walked the other way, away from his car,
for more than 100 feet, to the place where the confrontation occured!

To know why,,, would answer some questions...

hazek

My speculation:

I'd like to hear him explain it because I have a sneaky suspicion the whole thing was a huge misunderstanding and a mistake for which all three are now paying dearly. Those two idiots were drunk and loud behaving weirdly(one on foot on the sidewalk the other in his car, both slowly moving along), Jesus was just in front of his TV probably half a sleep when he stepped outside, it was dark, he got spooked, those two probably didn't even realize someone with a gun drawn was telling them to stop and boom, the rest is history. I think it's highly possible that this is the reason why he didn't testify, he himself knows he made mistake.

bigdaddy1

My speculation:

I'd like to hear him explain it because I have a sneaky suspicion the whole thing was a huge misunderstanding and a mistake for which all three are now paying dearly. Those two idiots were drunk and loud behaving weirdly(one on foot on the sidewalk the other in his car, both slowly moving along), Jesus was just in front of his TV probably half a sleep when he stepped outside, it was dark, he got spooked, those two probably didn't even realize someone with a gun drawn was telling them to stop and boom, the rest is history. I think it's highly possible that this is the reason why he didn't testify, he himself knows he made mistake.

I disagree, if it was as you describe a mistake the charge could have been manslaughter rather than murder. There is more to the story and perhaps only Jesus and God will know the whole of it. Jesus's life has been irrevocably changed and I hope he knows that many here still consider him a friend.

oliverclotheshoff

i consider him a friend and i don't even know him

from what i have been told by people who personally know him say nothing but good about the guy

Last edited:

MKEgal

davidmcbeth said:
They even make beer in Milwaukee anymore?
Absolutely. Microbreweries abound.
I've only been to a couple of them, though someday would like to do a tour.
The Sprecher brewery gives tours & samples, & isn't far from my house.
I forget the name of one downtown on the riverfront, but they're even smaller & included in a restaurant. (They do fish fry with salmon. Mmmmmm!)

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Absolutely. Microbreweries abound.
I've only been to a couple of them, though someday would like to do a tour.
The Sprecher brewery gives tours & samples, & isn't far from my house.
I forget the name of one downtown on the riverfront, but they're even smaller & included in a restaurant. (They do fish fry with salmon. Mmmmmm!)

I could never live near a brewery ... not enough water in the world!

Sprecher sells beer sorbet (on a stick) hmmmm.