• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A old woman just thanked me.

Wolfstanus

I was just thanked at work by a 70+ year old woman for OC. She walked in picked her photos up from me and looked at me for a long moment and said "Thank you for carrying your pistol in town". We started talking about random political things and the UN attempts at taking away rights etc and the current drought and what we expected people to start doing if it got worse. We got back to my sidearm and she asked me if it was an American 1911 I said yes. She smiled thanked me again and left the store saying she will come back because she felt safer coming in.

Wolfstanus

Oh I'm not allowed to carry or have it on the property. (applies to workers only)

I'm currently at work and skipped a important part. She has seen me around the area and thats why she stared at me. Sorry about the confusion :/

It's instant termination if I have my pistol on me while at work or at any other Walgreen store. But I do have other ways to defend myself. Been thinking about getting a colapsable Batton.

Apparently my phone thinks stared=stated and and=abd....

Last edited:

wmodavis

It is an awesome thing when someone thanks you. And in your case extra special since she thanked you for carrying when you weren't. She remembered seeing you doing it outside of work. That's to be remembered.

We should all be cognizant of that fact and do it ourselves when we see someone carrying. I've had it happen and it actually made my day! We do have the Make My Day law here in CO, right?

Last edited: