• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Center Of The State

Raggs

I was trying to think of a place to have a picnic that would be centrally located and came up with Alma. The only problem is they have a park rule that states

"No person shall use, carry or possess firearms of any description (including BB guns, bow and arrows, and slingshots), except as a part of planned and supervised recreational activity approved by the city manager."

DanM

If it is a municipal, county, or state park it is unenforceable. Feel free to carry OC or CC. It happens all the time that we carry into places that have illegal anti-carry rules.

TheQ

Although Alma is about the geographical center of the state, the center of the state as far as population density, of OCers is likely farther to the southeast.

I'd wager Lansing (maybe Howell), which is why we held our annual meeting in Ingham County.

scot623

I was trying to think of a place to have a picnic that would be centrally located and came up with Alma. The only problem is they have a park rule that states

"No person shall use, carry or possess firearms of any description (including BB guns, bow and arrows, and slingshots), except as a part of planned and supervised recreational activity approved by the city manager."

I'd wager a guess the average person would not want to drive more than an hour for 3-4 hour picnic. Being that Alma is over 2 hours from metro Detroit, you can expect almost no attendance from that area. That isn't to say you shouldn't have it there, just an observation. Thanks for stepping up and planning a picnic though, we need more of that!