• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

50 state open carry reference chart?

Hevymetal

Nice.

I dont know how it works though. :confused:

Sign into your google account, click on the link above and you should be able to view the document.

EDIT: Er scratch that. list your google account here and I will add it to the list of allowed editors

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
since the 2nd amendment applies throughout the land ... many states are wrong on this subject ... either we have the right to carry or we don't ... and any "regulations" regarding this should be consistent throughout the land. I think that the regulations regarding carry should be the same as possessing ... no felons, crazies, and and age limit...that's it.
um, no felons crazies and age limit? why?

griffin

For Indiana, under State Parks, someone should add:

"Y, unless it is controlled/ran by the Army Corp of Engineers."

Which may only apply to DNR or other park land, etc. but it is important to note the distinction. Actually that should probably go under the "Off Limits" column.

You should also include "Must inform" and "Signs have the force of law" columns. That's vital info.

:)

Last edited:

Hevymetal

For Indiana, under State Parks, someone should add:

"Y, unless it is controlled/ran by the Army Corp of Engineers."

Which may only apply to DNR or other park land, etc. but it is important to note the distinction. Actually that should probably go under the "Off Limits" column.

You should also include "Must inform" and "Signs have the force of law" columns. That's vital info.

:)

Updated, check and see if it's right

griffin

Updated, check and see if it's right

I don't see any difference.
dunno.gif

hermannr

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am0EpFkTMxWAdGlJRmhtMDJmZUFaLWpRaUZoRUtOMXc

Spreadsheet ported to GoogleDocs

use the link and fill in the blanks :)

I do not like the line for WA...it is not that simple with all the exemptions. The best explaination line would be: read RCW 9.41.050 (prohibitions) and RCW 9.41.060 (exemptions). Unlicensed loaded OC for your personal self defence is guaranteed by our state constitution...Article 1 section 24. You may OC or CC on any private land (your own or someone elses with permission, does not need to be written permission)

In WA unlicensed loaded OC (even CC), in a vehicle or not, is allowed if you are participating in some outdoor recreational activity, or going to and from such. RCW 9.41.060(8). Camping, hiking, horseback riding, etc, as well as hunting and fishing are outdoor recreational activities that are covered, no license necessary. Same goes for municipal transit...it is not just a flat "no" RCW 9.41.060 states that "The restriction in RCW 9.41.050 DO NOT APPLY TO... Unlicensed OC when not is a vehicle is always OK except where prohibited by federal law, or specifically not allowed under RCW 9.41.300.

There is one thing that is absolute though...loaded long guns are not allowed in or on any vehicle. Only two exceptions: a disabled hunter with a disabled hunters license and LE) This is F&W regulations (RCW 70), not carry regulations (RCW 9.41)

As you can see, the only logical way to answer this idea is to point to the law and let the visitor read what is written.