Thread: Visiting Soon - Any Advice?

Visiting Soon - Any Advice?

Hello,

I will be visiting/passing through New Mexico in two weeks and will be traveling by car from AZ. I have my AZ CCW permit and am planning to CC the entire time I'm in NM. Just wondering if anyone could offer some general advice/guidelines for an out-of-stater concerning carry and anything in particular to watch out for concerning the law?

Thanks

I'd say just go to handgunlaw.us and familiarize yourself with the restricted locations, and the specifics regarding alcohol establishments. In a nutshell- it's ok to CC in places that sell for off-site consumption, or in restaurants that serve beer and wine only (that aren't posted). No carry at all in places that serve liquor. Call ahead if you plan on going into someplace in question.

Otherwise, things aren't a lot different CC-wise from AZ. Enjoy your time here.

Quote Originally Posted by AH.74 View Post
    I'd say just go to handgunlaw.us and familiarize yourself with the restricted locations, and the specifics regarding alcohol establishments. In a nutshell- it's ok to CC in places that sell for off-site consumption, or in restaurants that serve beer and wine only (that aren't posted). No carry at all in places that serve liquor. Call ahead if you plan on going into someplace in question.

Otherwise, things aren't a lot different CC-wise from AZ. Enjoy your time here.
    Thank ya sir, much obliged.

Got back from my trip and enjoyed New Mexico. No LE contact of any kind and nothing to report other than a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Saiyan View Post
    No LE contact of any kind and nothing to report
    Well that pretty much sums up New Mexico.