• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Soon - Any Advice?

Super Saiyan

Hello,

I will be visiting/passing through New Mexico in two weeks and will be traveling by car from AZ. I have my AZ CCW permit and am planning to CC the entire time I'm in NM. Just wondering if anyone could offer some general advice/guidelines for an out-of-stater concerning carry and anything in particular to watch out for concerning the law?

Thanks

AH.74

I'd say just go to handgunlaw.us and familiarize yourself with the restricted locations, and the specifics regarding alcohol establishments. In a nutshell- it's ok to CC in places that sell for off-site consumption, or in restaurants that serve beer and wine only (that aren't posted). No carry at all in places that serve liquor. Call ahead if you plan on going into someplace in question.

Otherwise, things aren't a lot different CC-wise from AZ. Enjoy your time here.

Super Saiyan

I'd say just go to handgunlaw.us and familiarize yourself with the restricted locations, and the specifics regarding alcohol establishments. In a nutshell- it's ok to CC in places that sell for off-site consumption, or in restaurants that serve beer and wine only (that aren't posted). No carry at all in places that serve liquor. Call ahead if you plan on going into someplace in question.

Otherwise, things aren't a lot different CC-wise from AZ. Enjoy your time here.

Thank ya sir, much obliged.

Super Saiyan

Got back from my trip and enjoyed New Mexico. No LE contact of any kind and nothing to report other than a good time.
;)