Thread: Had a scare this morning!!!

Had a scare this morning!!!

I will start off by saying I'm pretty close to my neighbors. They have my spare key in case I accidentally lock myself out of my house. I pay her kids to walk my dog while I'm at work. I play video games with her sun. They store some stuff in my garage because hers has no room.

So anyways I Had to go to HAWAII for RIMPAC 2012. I took my dog to UT to be with my family until I got back. I got home last night. As I was sleeping this morning, My doorbell rang and then I heard the the door opening. I immediately went from groggy to hi alert, had pistol in hand, and was getting out of bed. I then here "Brad". This is when I realized it was just my neighbor. Being in nothing but my boxers, I stayed in my room and yelled back down. "Yeah". "I'm sorry I didn't know you were home yet. I just was getting something from the garage." "Ok go ahead".

So yeah I could of shot my neighbor and possibly one of her kids today. It's a good thing she announced her self. Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep and have only had about 3 hours. I'm just glad everyone is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SigGuy23 View Post
    I will start off by saying I'm pretty close to my neighbors. They have my spare key in case I accidentally lock myself out of my house. I pay her kids to walk my dog while I'm at work. I play video games with her sun. They store some stuff in my garage because hers has no room.

So anyways I Had to go to HAWAII for RIMPAC 2012. I took my dog to UT to be with my family until I got back. I got home last night. As I was sleeping this morning, My doorbell rang and then I heard the the door opening. I immediately went from groggy to hi alert, had pistol in hand, and was getting out of bed. I then here "Brad". This is when I realized it was just my neighbor. Being in nothing but my boxers, I stayed in my room and yelled back down. "Yeah". "I'm sorry I didn't know you were home yet. I just was getting something from the garage." "Ok go ahead".

So yeah I could of shot my neighbor and possibly one of her kids today. It's a good thing she announced her self. Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep and have only had about 3 hours. I'm just glad everyone is ok.
    Did you come back early? Should have notified your neighbors if you did. Just a simple text, phone call or door knock or even a note on door. This could have been easily avoided. If you came back on time and your neighbors should have known already, then they need a good talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post
    Did you come back early? Should have notified your neighbors if you did. Just a simple text, phone call or door knock or even a note on door. This could have been easily avoided.
    Agrred. Good relations and good manners.

If you came back on time and your neighbors should have known already, then they need a good talking to.
    The neighbor said they did not know he was home yet, but apparently took the opportunity to check and/or give any crooks inside a chance to leave before things go all pear-shaped.

Brad - the point is you did not almost shoot your neighbor because both of you acted appropriately. Go take a nap.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Brad - the point is you did not almost shoot your neighbor because both of you acted appropriately. Go take a nap. stay safe.
    Enough said. Apparently she saw your car in the driveway? Knew enough to ring the door bell and call out to you.

Is it really that slow of a news day
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Yowza! I would have been frightened too! Good thing no one got hurt. Good to hear you're back in WA!
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." — George Patton

Did you come back early? Should have notified your neighbors if you did. Just a simple text, phone call or door knock or even a note on door. This could have been easily avoided. If you came back on time and your neighbors should have known already, then they need a good talking to.
    I did not come back early. I came back on time. She for some reason thought I was going to be gone for a week longer. As far as texting/calling, it was late when I got home and was going to go over first thing when I woke up.

Enough said. Apparently she saw your car in the driveway? Knew enough to ring the door bell and call out to you.
    I don't have a car right now. Mine got totaled before I left for Hawaii. The only reason she rang the door bell was because her son said he thought he heard me come back last night, but wasn't sure. If she new I was back she wouldn't have used the key and just called me to ask if I could open the garage. The reason she called out my name was because she heard me yell WTF really loud as soon as I heard the door knob turning.

I did not come back early. I came back on time. She for some reason thought I was going to be gone for a week longer. As far as texting/calling, it was late when I got home and was going to go over first thing when I woke up.

I don't have a car right now. Mine got totaled before I left for Hawaii. The only reason she rang the door bell was because her son said he thought he heard me come back last night, but wasn't sure. If she new I was back she wouldn't have used the key and just called me to ask if I could open the garage. The reason she called out my name was because she heard me yell WTF really loud as soon as I heard the door knob turning.
    Paper with ink on doors stay real quiet and get the message across if written in English. Yelling WTF should probably be reconsidered.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

And if she looks anything like Green's avatar, well, you know...
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” ― Plato

Plato knew this yet today's antis still don't get it!

Join the fight for freedom
    Oathkeepers

Maybe have a secret knock so you know it's them from the start??
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Is it really that slow of a news day

Somthing you would expect to see on a Yahoo news day
    Anyway hope you had a good time on RIMPAC.
    Last edited by jbone; 08-05-2012 at 09:47 PM.
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.