• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Open Carry Rally for SB-59 in Monroe, MI - 8/25/2012

TheQ

The leadership of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. is organizing a rally in Monroe Michigan (Home town of Randy Richardville, Michigan State Senate Majority Leader) to protest the lack of movement on SB-59, a bill that would allow anyone with a CPL to get an exemption from Michigan's Concealed Gun Free Zones (this would also "legitimize" the "Open carry in a PFZ" loophole).

Please come help us promote SB-59 and make sure the person who is holding the bill up gets our message: This bill must pass -- NOW! This rally may be the most important thing we've done for this bill to-date! It's a must-attend for anyone interested in helping this bill pass!

Relevant Links:

Event Details:
Where: City of Monroe, MI (Exact Rally Point/Plan found here)
When: August 25, 2012 (11:00AM - 5:00 PM)

What to do to attend
  • Sign Up for the email list I have created just for rally. I'll send updates about this rally to this new list. After the rally is over, I will destroy this new list. I only made a separate list so we don't keep spamming those who aren't interested (or can't) attend.
  • Mark August 25, 2012 (between the hours of 11 AM and 5 PM) on your calendar.
Find Details about the rally including locations/schedule here

Last edited:

Ezerharden

I plan to be there, OC'ing of course and my wife may attend with me as she supports the bill, but is not comfortable carrying herself (yet).

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
This is a great idea! Good job to those responsible for setting it up. Taking on all of the law-makers/breakers in lansing is a tall order. Holding their feet to the fire one at a time is a smart move in my political opinion.:D

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Ezerharden

This is a great idea! Good job to those responsible for setting it up. Taking on all of the law-makers/breakers in lansing is a tall order. Holding their feet to the fire one at a time is a smart move in my political opinion.:D

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Agreed. Knowing the area his home is reported to be in, it should be pretty public. There are several parks along the opposite side of the street, and during nice weather, many walkers and joggers along that area. Also, the road is a secondary route for those wishing to avoid the traffic on M50 at times. I know because I used to fish at a park on the other side of the river and would watch all the traffic, foot and vehicle, across the river in that area.

Now just need to know what size poster board we need :lol:

Last edited:

TheQ

just out of curiosity, any reason you guys are doing veterans park instead of munson park which is just down the road and much bigger?

Randy David picked the venues. Ask him (RDavis@miopenvcarry.org). He doesn't check the forums much, so best email him.

Ken56

I plan on going. The wife can't attend as she is working and wont be out till well after any possibility of arriving down there in a timely manner. I'm in Davison so if any one cares to hook up for the ride down PM me.

TheQ

I have news. Our message is getting through! I personally received a call from the majority leader this evening. Him and I have a 10 or 15 minute conversation about this matter. I wanted to let you know we are being heard.

Now on Saturday to Monroe we go to make sure his constituents and any news channel that will listen to us hear our message as well!

This by no diminishes our purpose in showing up Saturday! Now more than ever we much follow up on this rally and show him we can deliver the political heat!

Last edited: