• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw another OC'er tonight, had to lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.

86 slo-vo

My sister and brother inlaw came into town this weekend from ATL so we decided to go out to eat at Texas roadhouse. There was a 30 minute wait so since it felt pretty decent out we went out and sat on the patio.

When I walked back out I happened to set across from this character. It looks to be a glock 17 maybe a 22? With a 30-31 round mag sticking out 6 inches behind his back. He is the only other person I've seen OCing here in Owensboro.

I wish I had got a picture when he walked inside.
4b51d9b9-f276-177e.jpg

4b51d9b9-f27c-beee.jpg

I have no clue why he would think he needs to walk around with a 30 round mag sticking out other than to attract attention and make himself look pretty stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DrakeZ07

I have no clue why he would think he needs to walk around with a 30 round mag sticking out other than to attract attention and make himself look pretty stupid.

I'm sure many people from various viewpoints have said the same thing regarding all of our OC'ing practices; "He only carries a stainless steel pistol to attract attention" or "Why does he/she feel the need to not conceal? their inviting someone to steel their gun" etc. :p

Hey, more power to him, at-least when the squirrel militia comes wanting revenge for all their homes that was destroyed to make those benches, and floors, and tables; He'll have a solid advantage of having more ammo in that mag than anyone in the entire building probably has combined... the only question being, can he make each shot count?

I want to learn from his example... Quick, someone find me a beta-C mag for my hi-point. Only one thing beats that long mag... a drum mag :D

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Attract attention, trying to get noticed... funny that's what anti's say about open carry in general. Do I walk around with a 33rd mag, no - but remember ... the more bullets in the gun, the longer your time in the fight.

To each their own. Maybe he was just trying to show that a law-abiding citizen can carry a hi-cap mag without anything awful happening, contrary to what the media would have you think..?:confused:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

86 slo-vo

I'm sure many people from various viewpoints have said the same thing regarding all of our OC'ing practices; "He only carries a stainless steel pistol to attract attention" or "Why does he/she feel the need to not conceal? their inviting someone to steel their gun" etc. :p

Hey, more power to him, at-least when the squirrel militia comes wanting revenge for all their homes that was destroyed to make those benches, and floors, and tables; He'll have a solid advantage of having more ammo in that mag than anyone in the entire building probably has combined... the only question being, can he make each shot count?

I want to learn from his example... Quick, someone find me a beta-C mag for my hi-point. Only one thing beats that long mag... a drum mag :D

I usually carry 25 rounds without drawing much attention, IWB mag holster conceals well.

I'm trying to imagine going through everyday tasks with a magazine hanging out 6" from my back. Just seems completely unnecessary.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Your missing the point. Most folks would say carrying 25 is CRAZY! Why so many? I carry 52 without much attention. Does that make me look stupid? 17+1 +17+17

09jisaac

I usually carry 25 rounds without drawing much attention, IWB mag holster conceals well.

I'm trying to imagine going through everyday tasks with a magazine hanging out 6" from my back. Just seems completely unnecessary.

I understood what you were trying to say. It is like anyone should be able to OC an AR pistol, but that does not mean it isn't bulky and hard to carry.

Why didn't you greet the fellow?

Last edited:

flb_78

Are you dense? He was CARRYING A GUN!!!!

Don't you know that if he would have talked to him, he would have shot everyone with his assault pistol!!! He had a 30 round CLIP!!!! He obviously could have killed 60 or 70 special needs children!!!!

:p

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I understood what you were trying to say. It is like anyone should be able to OC an AR pistol, but that does not mean it isn't bulky and hard to carry.

Maybe he was CC and felt awkward bringing up OC? I OC on a regular basis and find most people don't care. The ones that do are usually CC guys who act like I just shook my dick at their wife, you can't have that thing out in the open! The women and kids will see it. I keep mine in my pants with my other weapon of mass destruction....blah....blah...blah:rolleyes:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
My sister and brother inlaw came into town this weekend from ATL so we decided to go out to eat at Texas roadhouse. There was a 30 minute wait so since it felt pretty decent out we went out and sat on the patio.

When I walked back out I happened to set across from this character. It looks to be a glock 17 maybe a 22? With a 30-31 round mag sticking out 6 inches behind his back. He is the only other person I've seen OCing here in Owensboro.

I wish I had got a picture when he walked inside.
4b51d9b9-f276-177e.jpg

4b51d9b9-f27c-beee.jpg

I must admit this does look a little odd, but should he be ridiculed for exercising his rights? I carry more firearms and ammunition than one person would hopefully ever need, but is it not better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it? People who like to ridicule would get at me for carrying 2 guns (3 sometimes), but if I was ever in a situation like in CO, I could arm at least 1, maybe 2 other people! One thing is certain, I would rather eat by this fellow than one without a firearm. I say good for him for showing people that an elongated black stick that holds ammunition is not evil with a mind if its own.

Maine Expat

ROFL @ FLB & Glock9mm...

I do agree that a 30+ rnd mag is prolly a bit awkward to carry, but hey, to each his own. And yeah, I'd tell the host(ess) "I wanna sit close to that guy."

I also might have thanked him for carrying and got some convo going that might engage a few other waiting diners and educate a few people without them knowing their actually learning something.

Last edited:

86 slo-vo

Like I said I wasn't commenting on how many rounds he has on his person, just the way he carries them. I mean imagine trying to sit in a car with that setup? Drawing from a seated position?
Shooting from the prone position?

I didn't spit on his shoes and get him dirty looks, I had my 4 year old daughter and 10 month old daughter so I didn't get the chance to walk over. I only got the picture because the wife wanted a picture with the oldest.

Sorry if I offended someone by bringing it up but to me he shouted hey look at me.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Sorry if I offended someone by bringing it up but to me he shouted hey look at me.

Was he doing the infamous hip-thrust at each person that walked by? You know, the move where he nearly puts their eye out by shifting his hip so that the pistol and it's magazine are literally in their face?

Or could it be, as others are trying to say gently, that you are a hypocritical bigot who believes that people should only carry in the exact same manner as you do?

Sure, the folks who carry either unusual items (AR/AK pistols) or in an unusual way (31-round magazine, tacticool thigh holster, etc.) draw more attention than those who carry more in keeping with how the government's armed minions carry. But if someone wanted to avoid being mistaken for an armed government minion, what better way? (Unless you look like me - anybody ever heard of Santa being on the gooberment payroll?)

At least for me part of why I OC is to demonstrate in a very practical manner that handguns are not, by themselves, inherently dangerous things that can kill you all on their own. Others may not. 's OK.

stay safe.

Will.40

Maybe he was CC and felt awkward bringing up OC? I OC on a regular basis and find most people don't care. The ones that do are usually CC guys who act like I just shook my dick at their wife, you can't have that thing out in the open! The women and kids will see it. I keep mine in my pants with my other weapon of mass destruction....blah....blah...blah:rolleyes:

Agreed, I was at a yard sell yesterday talking to a guy that owned the place, Then this guy walked up to me and stared at my handgun at my side and he asked 'Do you have a license to carry that?' I said no sir KY is a open carry state. then this guy takes his wallet out and shoves his cdwl right up in my face and to the man I was talking to then he pulls his gun halfway out of his pocket to show me, the whole time just glaring at me like how could anyone OC?

flb_78

Was he doing the infamous hip-thrust at each person that walked by? You know, the move where he nearly puts their eye out by shifting his hip so that the pistol and it's magazine are literally in their face?

I hate it when someone waves their big black long Glock in my face. It's very discomforting.

Last edited:

Brian D.

No doubt if I carried such an extended length magazine in my handgun I'd bump into stuff more often than I already do. But other than that and hoping the one in the picture is factory OEM as opposed to some of the aftermarket craptastic mags available, no objections from me.

langzaiguy

@Will I think some CCDW holders feel as though they are in an elite club and either 1)offended that you are carrying and not in the "club", or 2)they don't realize OC is legal. Not that his response was justified.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
@Will I think some CCDW holders feel as though they are in an elite club and either 1)offended that you are carrying and not in the "club", or 2)they don't realize OC is legal. Not that his response was justified.

His response was stupid and could have got him shot to death. Who comes at an armed person in a aggressive manner then starts to pull a pistol....short answer someone not long for this world!

Status
Not open for further replies.