Thread: Glad to be a Virginian

Hampton Roads, Virginia

Glad to be a Virginian

As I am really partial to OCing, I was recently in Florida and I got to tell you, trying to figure out where and when you can carry a handgun is frustrating. Florida is a not an open carry state and their laws are similar to our about privately owned areas. It is really hard to feel comfortable with your handgun tucked up under your shirt especially in FL. Fortunately I have a very nice IWB CrossBreed holster to use because vacationing in FL is like walking on the surface of the sun. Let's just say sweat and steel are not compatible. It is true that you never know how much you appreciate things in life until you no longer have them. Glad to be back here in VA.
    Last edited by sparkman2; 08-05-2012 at 06:04 AM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson (quoting Cesare Beccaria)

North Chesterfield VA
    Yeppers! Like Winston Churchill said about the USA, it may not be the best but it is far out in front of the rest of the pack. When we fix a few residual glitches we will have even more to rejoice about.

Welcome home! Be sure to get your shots - you were awfully close to some strange ideas and might have been unwittingly infected. And how come our notions are not able to infect the as-yet non-understanding?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"