• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

who needs a gun on my street?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Dood!

You need to move to a better part of town. But before you pack up, could you help me understand why two folks robbing someone sitting in a car at a stoplight 1) did not make the folks in the car get out and then then take the car as well as the jewelry, 2) shot each of the victims in the leg as opposed to any other part of the anatomy, and 3) why paramedics/EMT types in your neck of the woods are referred to as "medics" when the place is crawling with squids who are attended to by hospitalmen?

stay safe.

GreatDaneMan

Dood!

You need to move to a better part of town. But before you pack up, could you help me understand why two folks robbing someone sitting in a car at a stoplight 1) did not make the folks in the car get out and then then take the car as well as the jewelry, 2) shot each of the victims in the leg as opposed to any other part of the anatomy, and 3) why paramedics/EMT types in your neck of the woods are referred to as "medics" when the place is crawling with squids who are attended to by hospitalmen?

stay safe.

were broke and moms loosing her job...getting picked up by a company that pays a good bit less, my jobs In the toilet and Im trying to go out truck driving again. but for the questions......not sure, not sure, not sure. its kinda strange.

Betty_Rose_Brown

Great Dane Man,

I had a friend whose family bought out in Camelot when it first opened (1969 or 1970 or so?) and it was a first-class neighborhood. My friend lived out there with his family and they purchased that house brand new, and they loved the house and its location and the spacious lot. My friend's mom had picked out the wallpaper and paint colors and even got to pick out the colors for her "all electric" kitchen. It was a happy home for them.

They moved there to Camelot to get out of an older area that had turned unsafe.

They had hoped that the house in Camelot would be their "lifetime house."

You know, the old-timers tell me about how this neighborhood or that neighborhood used to be top-notch and how it went downhill in the (fill-in-the-decade), and now I guess I'm old enough to see this happening in my own lifetime.

It's pretty sad.

Camelot started out with such promise. I'm so sorry to hear it's fallen so far. :(

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Thinking about it, I probably should have indicated that suggesting that someone move out of a neighborhood (unless it has become an absolute war zone) is not the best advice to give. If everybody runs away at the first hint of trouble then the BGs win by default and forfiet. I do not want to let them win that way.

I know getting LEOs to increase patrols does no real good (unless they are plain lucky) and does not last all that long. And I know vigilantism is not the way to go. I guess that leaves us with spending a lot of time trying to get government to throw money in an attempt to "do something" and being situationally aware and willing to accept the consequences of deciding to protect yourself and your family.

Wish I had an even halfway decent lawful answer. Sorry to say, I don't. I'm just stuck being PO'd that the BGs will continue to win by default.

stay safe.

Belle_Starr

Sorry to hear your neighborhood is going to hell in a handbasket. We have our farm on a back rural road and it is slowly starting to become less friendly and safe as our neighbors kid across the street gets older, he is 19 now, we have more drinking and drugs and our local LEO can only do so much. We also have another neighbor who prides herself as a "DC Street Rat" who is in her mid 70's, who's older son does meth, pot, drinks, etc. and has less than savory friends stop by. Long as they leave me alone, all will be well.