• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You cannot be trespassed from a public building if you have lawful business there. If a private company leases the facility, they can set their own entry requirements.

Yard Sale

This is going to be good. I hope that fictional person can find a lawyer. Maybe Dave aka Dont tread on me can help? Or maybe just maybe the NVFAC could?
Try Cal Potter or Bob Nersessian.

I wonder what the response would have been if someone had gone into the main room and yelled "Hey! The cops out here are rousting some guy and his kid because he brought a GUN to a GUN SHOW!"
I think it would have been: "Baaaa. Baaaa. Baaaaaaaa."

Ok I am a little confused. I was thinking they could not tress pass from a public building.
They have to dig deep into their nearly empty bag of tricks for trespassing or obstructing.

Dude shouldn't have caved in after standing up so long and so well. Let them put their hands on him (assault) and transport him (kidnapping), depriving him of his 4A rights. He's barely got a false imprisonment tort.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Cashman Field has smaller rooms for rent to small gatherings also. I wonder what it would cost to rent one for an open carriers meeting of some type. As the leasees, there would be nothing they could do to stop OC. In fact, if they KNEW it was going to be for OC, and they refused to lease to us, then we have a lawsuit.

Frantic84

Cashman Field has smaller rooms for rent to small gatherings also. I wonder what it would cost to rent one for an open carriers meeting of some type. As the leasees, there would be nothing they could do to stop OC. In fact, if they KNEW it was going to be for OC, and they refused to lease to us, then we have a lawsuit.

where do I send the check?

I would love this turn it into a gathering open to the public to get the word out, show how civilized we are ya know! :cool:

Vegassteve

I will start doing some groundwork.

Vegassteve

This is from page 51 of the cashman center users manual. Found here http://www.vegasmeansbusiness.com/listing/cashman-center/31136/

• County Licensing Office may require a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and State of Nevada license before approving any gun show.
• The Lessee must obtain approval from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (Metro). Contact Metro’s Firearms Section at telephone number (702) 229-3418 or fax number (702) 229-2785.
• The Lessee must make arrangements to have the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department on property during gun shows. Metro will usually request a table near the entrance where they can set up a computer to check serial numbers on handguns being brought into the show. The purpose of this check is to see if a handgun has been reported stolen or has been used in a crime, etc. Metro will also check the identification of the person bringing in the handgun to see if it matches that of the handgun’s registered owner in their computer system. If the computer shows another person as owner, Metro will contact the registered owner and if the registered owner did not authorize the person carrying the weapon, an arrest will be made.
• Guns (handguns, rifles, shotguns, etc.) may be legally bought and sold at gun shows in Nevada and Clark County. In order to complete the sale the following requirements, as a minimum, must be met. The gun sale must go through a licensed dealer within the County. For example, an out-of-state company may not sell a gun to a Nevada resident. The Lessee must make arrangements to have a local licensed gun dealer on property to handle transfers.
• All gun buyers are required to have a “Brady Check” completed. A Brady Check consists of a five-day waiting period, but the check can be done through the local dealer. The dealer will check to see that the person does not have a criminal record and meets all requirements to own a gun. Brady Checks are done for handguns, rifles and shotguns. Requirements include: Person must be 18 years of age to buy rifle or shotgun or 14 years old and with a parent or legal guardian; person must be 21 years of age to purchase a handgun.
• If a gun buyer has a “Blue Card” (a local registration card showing authorization to own or carry a gun), that person can buy a gun and walk off the show floor with it after a Brady Check is completed. A Brady Check is not necessary if a person has a Nevada Concealed Weapons Permit.
• Show contract security is responsible for checking that the guns leaving the building have a receipt. The receipt must show the gun’s serial number, and this is compared to the serial number on the gun to make sure they match. A show security desk should be located near the Metro desk so if a discrepancy is discovered Metro can handle the situation.
• For safety/fire purposes black powder is strictly prohibited to be inside the facility.

Frantic84

This is from page 51 of the cashman center users manual. Found here http://www.vegasmeansbusiness.com/listing/cashman-center/31136/

• County Licensing Office may require a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and State of Nevada license before approving any gun show.
• The Lessee must obtain approval from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (Metro). Contact Metro’s Firearms Section at telephone number (702) 229-3418 or fax number (702) 229-2785.
• The Lessee must make arrangements to have the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department on property during gun shows. Metro will usually request a table near the entrance where they can set up a computer to check serial numbers on handguns being brought into the show. The purpose of this check is to see if a handgun has been reported stolen or has been used in a crime, etc. Metro will also check the identification of the person bringing in the handgun to see if it matches that of the handgun’s registered owner in their computer system. If the computer shows another person as owner, Metro will contact the registered owner and if the registered owner did not authorize the person carrying the weapon, an arrest will be made.
• Guns (handguns, rifles, shotguns, etc.) may be legally bought and sold at gun shows in Nevada and Clark County. In order to complete the sale the following requirements, as a minimum, must be met. The gun sale must go through a licensed dealer within the County. For example, an out-of-state company may not sell a gun to a Nevada resident. The Lessee must make arrangements to have a local licensed gun dealer on property to handle transfers.
• All gun buyers are required to have a “Brady Check” completed. A Brady Check consists of a five-day waiting period, but the check can be done through the local dealer. The dealer will check to see that the person does not have a criminal record and meets all requirements to own a gun. Brady Checks are done for handguns, rifles and shotguns. Requirements include: Person must be 18 years of age to buy rifle or shotgun or 14 years old and with a parent or legal guardian; person must be 21 years of age to purchase a handgun.
• If a gun buyer has a “Blue Card” (a local registration card showing authorization to own or carry a gun), that person can buy a gun and walk off the show floor with it after a Brady Check is completed. A Brady Check is not necessary if a person has a Nevada Concealed Weapons Permit.
• Show contract security is responsible for checking that the guns leaving the building have a receipt. The receipt must show the gun’s serial number, and this is compared to the serial number on the gun to make sure they match. A show security desk should be located near the Metro desk so if a discrepancy is discovered Metro can handle the situation.
• For safety/fire purposes black powder is strictly prohibited to be inside the facility.

well it a good thing this would be a public meeting and NOT a "gun show"

Frantic84

True but I was pointing out more the false and heavy handed police tactics they use on us for a gun show. And how it might pertain to the denial of entrance to some one.

I gathered, I just was enjoying the possibility of stopping said tactic with the Meeting vs Show.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Yep, we don't want a gun show. In fact, I recommend no handling of firearms in any way, they all being properly holstered and loaded, of course.

I will donate toward the room fees, and I will also donate instruction. While I doubt that most of you need much classroom instruction, we need some ideas for what to do with ourselves while there. Other ideas are welcome. Any underwater basket-weaving instructors out there?

I'm sure food is allowed, so we could make it a lunch or a dinner affair. I'll also donate some future live-fire training in a raffle of some type.

At the last minute, maybe invite a few police officers that we know, socially of course.

Another question: who determines parking fees? Are we allowed to have free parking?

Last edited:

Vegassteve

Yep, we don't want a gun show. In fact, I recommend no handling of firearms in any way, they all being properly holstered and loaded, of course.

I will donate toward the room fees, and I will also donate instruction. While I doubt that most of you need much classroom instruction, we need some ideas for what to do with ourselves while there. Other ideas are welcome. Any underwater basket-weaving instructors out there?

I'm sure food is allowed, so we could make it a lunch or a dinner affair. I'll also donate some future live-fire training in a raffle of some type.

At the last minute, maybe invite a few police officers that we know, socially of course.

Another question: who determines parking fees? Are we allowed to have free parking?

Mac I have at least three folks who want ccw and they would pay. Over the next couple of days I will nail down room cost.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
FYI, I will be out of town for the rest of the month. So, hopefully September or later is still good.

28kfps

• For safety/fire purposes black powder is strictly prohibited to be inside the facility.[/QUOTE

I am sure we all see it said a table to check for stolen firearms. I wondering when they added, and to make sure all firearms are cleared and cable tied through the chamber? If a gun buyer has a “Blue Card” (a local registration card showing authorization to own or carry a gun)?? A blue card authorizes me to carry a gun? I do not have a blue card for my carry firearm.
A show security desk should be located near the Metro desk so if a discrepancy is discovered Metro can handle the situation??

Codename46

Wow, my blood pressure spiked after reading this thread. Then again, I didn't really think that highly of the Crossroads gun show. $150 DPMS stripped AR lowers and $600 WASR 10s were the only red flags I needed.

Merlin

Wow, my blood pressure spiked after reading this thread. Then again, I didn't really think that highly of the Crossroads gun show. $150 DPMS stripped AR lowers and $600 WASR 10s were the only red flags I needed.

Wait until you hypothetically see the hypothetical video. Written words can't convey getting sprayed with spittle by an angry security guard.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2