• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member!!

yeager351

Hey Folks,
I'm new here and glad I Found a Iowa group. I recently move to ames from Hot Springs Arkansas. So I'll be asking some questions. The gun culture here is definetly different.

Tucker6900

Welcome!

Hey Folks,
I'm new here and glad I Found a Iowa group. I recently move to ames from Hot Springs Arkansas. So I'll be asking some questions. The gun culture here is definetly different.

Welcome to Iowa! This site has alot of information regarding the legal carry of arms in this state. As mentioned, IFC is also a good source. They have alot of information regarding Iowa code 724. Use caution, however, in mentioning open carry there. There are some there who are against it to the extreme.

I would suggest starting with a complete read of Iowa Code 724. Its easy enough to find with Google. I will be happy to answer any other questions that you may have.