• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get ready for another round of "LETS BAN ALL THE GUNS!!!!"

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm sorry, but someone has to say it, and besides I've already got a reserved seat in Hell --

I guess this shows you why not to bring a knife to a gun fight.

Many of the Sikh I know are passionate about wearing their kirpan but do not seem to have the slightest bit of aggressiveness. I've seen them take insults and physical assaults without showing the slightest resistance. Makes me wonder quite a lot about just how much is pure PR as opposed to how much is actual cultural in the ethos of being a warrior. That, or how much assimilation has to account for their behavior (most are second- and even third-generation native-born Amurricans).

OTOH, a very few of the Sikh I have met are folks one does not kid with - not even a little bit. Nice, friendly folks who love bunny rabbits but will kill you without blinking an eye. Any of them alone scares me worse that the two Gurka I know put together.

My heart and thoughts go out to the latest victims of thoughtless rage. As much as I favor taking the shooter out of the world as soon as possible there is a part of me that wants to keep tem alive to find out what made them slip the rails. Then the rest of me reminds my foolish part that even if we knew why we could not stop them, so it is better to consider that it may happpen and be prepared than to try to fix the world to the standard of some utopian dream.

stay safe.

Nevada carrier

These are some of the most benign people on earth. They hate no one, and it's tragic that they were targeted for such a crime. My suspicious side is telling me there is more going on here than we will ever know. Could it be that the puppet masters are getting frustrated that their false flag in Colorado did not get the desired result? Something tells me there will be more and more events like this that are simply inexplicable until they get the desired effect.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
These are some of the most benign people on earth. They hate no one, and it's tragic that they were targeted for such a crime. My suspicious side is telling me there is more going on here than we will ever know. Could it be that the puppet masters are getting frustrated that their false flag in Colorado did not get the desired result? Something tells me there will be more and more events like this that are simply inexplicable until they get the desired effect.

I guess we'll find out ... after fast and furious, anything is reasonably possible.

hammer6

I just love how I'm seeing it labeled as "domestic terrorism", yet the fort hood shooting was labeled as workplace violence.

randian

Many of the Sikh I know are passionate about wearing their kirpan but do not seem to have the slightest bit of aggressiveness. I've seen them take insults and physical assaults without showing the slightest resistance. Makes me wonder quite a lot about just how much is pure PR as opposed to how much is actual cultural in the ethos of being a warrior.
Not surprising, since Sikhism is an offshoot of Hinduism, which has an ethos of total nonviolence, even at the cost of your own life. That's why, in part, Muslims slaughtered on the order of 80 million Hindus in their wars of conquest in India. Sikhism was a response to that existential threat.

Were the "scary" Sikhs you met born and raised in India? That would explain it, Muslims are still busy killing Hindus over there, so Sikhs maintain their warrior credo since they're actually fighting. That's not so important in the US. If you see pictures of the Indian military, most are Sikhs, with the occasional Christian thrown in.