Thread: NRA Convention Boulder Colo.

NRA Convention Boulder Colo.

Anybody going to the NRA Convention in Boulder on Sept. 22 2012 at 5pm?

https://www.friendsofnra.org/EventDe...eid=8770&sid=6

I have plans on going with a few friends and was wondering if any others are going?

What are they serving? And how come a table ticket is more than the equivalent in regular tickets?

Boulder?

Boulder? That like having the Fellowship of the Ring meet in Mordor instead of Rivendell.

Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    What are they serving? And how come a table ticket is more than the equivalent in regular tickets?
    Not sure what they are serving. Have never been to one before and looking at other schedules Denver is $125.00 per ticket and $10,000.00 per table of 10 so the boulder one is a little more in my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligad316 View Post
    Not sure what they are serving. Have never been to one before and looking at other schedules Denver is $125.00 per ticket and $10,000.00 per table of 10 so the boulder one is a little more in my budget.
    Wow, so is the bargain to get the Boulderites to go to the convention or to get the usual supporters to go to Boulder?

I may just have to do this.
    Last edited by mahkagari; 08-05-2012 at 08:08 PM.

For 50 dollars I'd rather cook my own food and play with my own guns
    Last edited by Deserteagle8338; 08-05-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle8338 View Post
    For 50 dollars I'd rather cook my own food and play with my own guns
    Agreed. Maybe BCC has better than the usual rubber chicken fare, and I'm not real convinced the funds would make any dent in gun rights, but I might go just to irritate some pro-AWB friends.

$10,000 ????
    Good lord man, I aint got Ted Nugents kind of money!!!

Called the number on the website. Very casual dress. Passed hors d'oeurvres, and sit down dinner of NY steak, parmesan chicken or a vegetarian paella (it's Boulder after all, the person I spoke with has a bet with the organizers on whether any veggies order). Auctions, games, and raffles and lots of firearm prizes.

Also, note that this is Friends of NRA, not NRA. The organization is built on giving grants to groups like 4-H and Boy Scouts for range access and safety classes.
    Last edited by mahkagari; 08-06-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilligad316 View Post
    I put ya down for 10 tables ... ya know, to save money ...

Hope you're hungry ! If you can wolf down after listening to NRA members .... "oh, we have to do this and that - its only common sense gun control" .. I gotta go,,,,,

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Just curious, does anyone know if you are required to disarm to attend this event?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Just curious, does anyone know if you are required to disarm to attend this event?
    I had the same question and emailed. Below is the response on whether there are any carry restrictions:

"nope
    it was the first question we asked when we were exploring where to hold it.

Even better, it's actually in the county, not the city, so the tax rate if you buy something is only like 5% instead of 8.5(?)%

hopefully we can open some eyes when 200+ people who I expect will be pretty well armed and lots of guns (as prizes, auction, etc) floating around and I expect it to be the safest place in Boulder that night."

I was wondering that. The most recent one in Las Vegas was held at a facility that did not allow firearms. Many of us boycotted. Some of us have been large donors in the past and I know I was going to donate again this year until I was told I couldn't bring my sidearm.

Friends of NRA is a great organization. Those who dislike the NRA's political jockeying should check out just how narrow a scope the independent Friends of NRA is. Your money goes directly to safety and training. If the committee isn't stupid and made sure you can be armed at the event, I highly recommend supporting it.

Even if you think you can't "donate," they have several types of sales of donated items, so you can actually "buy" stuff (usually at a very good deal) that other people donated.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Campaign Veteran

I asked the same.

"greetings,

Are there any open carry restrictions for this event??

Mike"

Reply;

"Nope
    same rules as in Boulder County (meaning same as state of Colorado)
    Would you like a flyer?

thanks,

Brian Hopkins
    303-709-5838"
    Last edited by Shadetreezj; 08-06-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    That is great. I received an email about "The Nation's Gun Show" In Chantilly Va. I was very interested in going. Unfortunately they don't allow citizens to be armed. So I won't be there
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Who else is going? I'm getting an honorarium for a work related speaking engagement and I think I might blow it on this for a good cause. If I do and any of y'all do, say hello. Challenge "OCDO?", response "If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hops".

I'll be the tan skinned dude in slacks with a shaved head and a curvy redhead or 3. Maybe 4. OCing either a black 9mm S&W 659 or a Taurus .357 with walnut grips. If it's chilly, I may CC in a brown sports coat. The organizer said it's on the jeans and tshirt side, but I feel like doing the OC country club banquet thing. How often do we get to do that? The guy I spoke with said to expect lots of black cowboy hats. His tone implied they'd be expensive, regardless of how casual the dress was.