• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Convention Boulder Colo.

mahkagari

What are they serving? And how come a table ticket is more than the equivalent in regular tickets?

Dilligad316

What are they serving? And how come a table ticket is more than the equivalent in regular tickets?

Not sure what they are serving. Have never been to one before and looking at other schedules Denver is $125.00 per ticket and $10,000.00 per table of 10 :shocker: so the boulder one is a little more in my budget.

mahkagari

Not sure what they are serving. Have never been to one before and looking at other schedules Denver is $125.00 per ticket and $10,000.00 per table of 10 :shocker: so the boulder one is a little more in my budget.

Wow, so is the bargain to get the Boulderites to go to the convention or to get the usual supporters to go to Boulder?

I may just have to do this.

Last edited:

Deserteagle8338

For 50 dollars I'd rather cook my own food and play with my own guns

Last edited:

mahkagari

For 50 dollars I'd rather cook my own food and play with my own guns

Agreed. Maybe BCC has better than the usual rubber chicken fare, and I'm not real convinced the funds would make any dent in gun rights, but I might go just to irritate some pro-AWB friends.

mahkagari

Called the number on the website. Very casual dress. Passed hors d'oeurvres, and sit down dinner of NY steak, parmesan chicken or a vegetarian paella (it's Boulder after all, the person I spoke with has a bet with the organizers on whether any veggies order). Auctions, games, and raffles and lots of firearm prizes.

Also, note that this is Friends of NRA, not NRA. The organization is built on giving grants to groups like 4-H and Boy Scouts for range access and safety classes.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

I put ya down for 10 tables ... ya know, to save money ...

Hope you're hungry ! If you can wolf down after listening to NRA members .... "oh, we have to do this and that - its only common sense gun control" .. I gotta go,,,,,

mahkagari

Just curious, does anyone know if you are required to disarm to attend this event?

I had the same question and emailed. Below is the response on whether there are any carry restrictions:

"nope
it was the first question we asked when we were exploring where to hold it.

Even better, it's actually in the county, not the city, so the tax rate if you buy something is only like 5% instead of 8.5(?)%

hopefully we can open some eyes when 200+ people who I expect will be pretty well armed and lots of guns (as prizes, auction, etc) floating around and I expect it to be the safest place in Boulder that night."

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Just curious, does anyone know if you are required to disarm to attend this event?

I was wondering that. The most recent one in Las Vegas was held at a facility that did not allow firearms. Many of us boycotted. Some of us have been large donors in the past and I know I was going to donate again this year until I was told I couldn't bring my sidearm.

Friends of NRA is a great organization. Those who dislike the NRA's political jockeying should check out just how narrow a scope the independent Friends of NRA is. Your money goes directly to safety and training. If the committee isn't stupid and made sure you can be armed at the event, I highly recommend supporting it.

Even if you think you can't "donate," they have several types of sales of donated items, so you can actually "buy" stuff (usually at a very good deal) that other people donated.

Shadetreezj

Campaign Veteran

I asked the same.

"greetings,

Are there any open carry restrictions for this event??

Mike"

Reply;

"Nope
same rules as in Boulder County (meaning same as state of Colorado)
Would you like a flyer?

thanks,

Brian Hopkins
303-709-5838"

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

That is great. I received an email about "The Nation's Gun Show" In Chantilly Va. I was very interested in going. Unfortunately they don't allow citizens to be armed. So I won't be there :(

mahkagari

Who else is going? I'm getting an honorarium for a work related speaking engagement and I think I might blow it on this for a good cause. If I do and any of y'all do, say hello. Challenge "OCDO?", response "If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hops".

I'll be the tan skinned dude in slacks with a shaved head and a curvy redhead or 3. Maybe 4. OCing either a black 9mm S&W 659 or a Taurus .357 with walnut grips. If it's chilly, I may CC in a brown sports coat. The organizer said it's on the jeans and tshirt side, but I feel like doing the OC country club banquet thing. How often do we get to do that? The guy I spoke with said to expect lots of black cowboy hats. His tone implied they'd be expensive, regardless of how casual the dress was.