Thread: Thanked a man from NM for carying in the store.

Thanked a man from NM for carying in the store.

I saw a guy oc in my store. (not mine but I work there) I had noticed he had a holster on his leg but no gun and I wanted to walk up and ask him a question or two but I was busy. Later on I heard him ask the front lady if we had watches and she said no. I ended up running to the front and corrected her and showed him the watches that we did infact have. He then asked for a trimmer of some kind and I helped him find that. During the time of looking for these items I had asked why he didn't have his sidearm. He said he didn't want to freak people out with it. I had said CO is pretty much a oc state except Denver, federal buildings and the obvious places just look for no gun signs on other places. I then thanked him for fir carrying and said I understood the freaking people out thing and rang him up. He had asked to see my manager to give a compliment. Now I have a free 20oz soda

Cuddos to you. Well done in your acknowledgement. Am sure he will be back to spend his money there.

Wolf, how would you feel about me and my shotgun?
    Just asking, cause I like shotguns better than handguns.

What do you think?
    I don't think the Postman movie is a reality yet.
    Last edited by Wolfstanus; 08-05-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    Wolf, how would you feel about me and my shotgun?
    Just asking, cause I like shotguns better than handguns.
    Per forum rules the discussion of long gun open carry is prohibited except in locations where the open carry of handguns is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Per forum rules the discussion of long gun open carry is prohibited except in locations where the open carry of handguns is prohibited.
    +1, what is going on today?

Kudos the OP for thanking the gentleman. But then again he didn't really OC did he?
    Last edited by thebigsd; 08-05-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Way to go Wolf. I think we should all be free with our thanks to those who carry. A thanks and a smile go a long way. In fact you should have tolt him you couldn't ring him up unless he WAS carrying.

Yer gonna wanna rush over to that other thread where we were discussing backpacking while carrying hunting rifles.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    Yer gonna wanna rush over to that other thread where we were discussing backpacking while carrying hunting rifles.
    Nope, I'll leave that one for you. I've not seen it today.

Nope, I'll leave that one for you. I've not seen it today.
    It was a couple of days ago and the thread's moved on. But since you brought it up:

Hey y'all, what do your backpacking-hunting long guns weigh? My Winchester .30-06 is about 10lbs. I've hiked in with gear and a sidearm to establish a base camp, then gone out and come back with the rifle to hike deeper for game. I've got a Henry AR-7 if I'm strictly on a small game trip. When it's packed up, I joke that it covers both OC and cased laws. But I strap it to the outside of the pack, so it's not CC. That puppy is only 2.5 lbs.

How do you OC your sidearm? I've carried my .357 at 11:00 on my packbelt. My bear spray's always at 3:00.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    It was a couple of days ago and the thread's moved on. But since you brought it up:

Hey y'all, what do your backpacking-hunting long guns weigh? My Winchester .30-06 is about 10lbs. I've hiked in with gear and a sidearm to establish a base camp, then gone out and come back with the rifle to hike deeper for game. I've got a Henry AR-7 if I'm strictly on a small game trip. When it's packed up, I joke that it covers both OC and cased laws. But I strap it to the outside of the pack, so it's not CC. That puppy is only 2.5 lbs.

How do you OC your sidearm? I've carried my .357 at 11:00 on my packbelt. My bear spray's always at 3:00.
    Nope. I did not bring it up.

Personaly a shoulder type holster that keeps the pistol in front of you and against the chest. Sootch00 on YouTube has the one I'm thinking of. That type is what I would most likely use. It does not move about like a normal shoulder holster does.

OOps... Sorry Sparky. I forgot for a moment since I only address the term 2nd amendment with my 1st amendment, but while doing so I dont remember the 2nd mentioning anything different about the arms I bear. While exercising my 1st, I never use profound language either.
    The thought of Goose and Gander comes to mind.
    Oh Yea, I understand the idea of Long Guns being prohibited from conversation just like I understand the prohibition of Handguns by law.
    Carry on...............
    Last edited by MR Redenck; 08-06-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    OOps... Sorry Sparky. I forgot for a moment since I only address the term 2nd amendment with my 1st amendment, but while doing so I dont remember the 2nd mentioning anything different about the arms I bear. While exercising my 1st, I never use profound language either.
    The thought of Goose and Gander comes to mind.
    Oh Yea, I understand the idea of Long Guns being prohibited from conversation just like I understand the prohibition of Handguns by law.
    Carry on...............
    Constitution has absolutely nothing to do with this situation and context. This forum is not a government entity. It is the property of John and mike. As property owners they are fully entitled to place limits on OUR use of their forum!