Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smith & Wesson M&P .40

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    I have an M&P 40 in the 4.25" barrel and it is a very nice gun. You will not be disappointed in your choice. One thing I would recommend that you do is to install a USB (Ultimate Safety Block) from Apex Tactical. This will completely remove the gritty trigger pre-travel that the M&P is famous for having out of the box. It will give you a very smooth trigger with around just under or at a five pound pull (mine comes in at 4 pounds 14 ounces).
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Smith and Wesson M&P 40

I personally like the 40 caliber. I find that personally shoot the 40 better than the 9mm. I also shoot the 45 better than the 40. That said, shoot whatever you can control best.

Re: Smith & Wesson M&P .40

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    I have an M&P 40 in the 4.25" barrel and it is a very nice gun. You will not be disappointed in your choice. One thing I would recommend that you do is to install a USB (Ultimate Safety Block) from Apex Tactical. This will completely remove the gritty trigger pre-travel that the M&P is famous for having out of the box. It will give you a very smooth trigger with around just under or at a five pound pull (mine comes in at 4 pounds 14 ounces).
    Everyone complains about the trigger, and I have a suggestion for fixing it. I use a can of gun spray cleaner at wal-mart. I couldn't find a link on it but I'll keep looking. Only link i found was rem oil, and that's not it.

With the gun field dressed down, hold the frame upside down, and spray the trigger area where the springs are. Give it a decent dosing, so any grit will run off, and hit the ground. After that let it air dry for a min or so, then add a SMALL drop of oil to the trigger mechanism.

This solved my problem, and hope others find the same success.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    Everyone complains about the trigger, and I have a suggestion for fixing it. I use a can of gun spray cleaner at wal-mart. I couldn't find a link on it but I'll keep looking. Only link i found was rem oil, and that's not it.

With the gun field dressed down, hold the frame upside down, and spray the trigger area where the springs are. Give it a decent dosing, so any grit will run off, and hit the ground. After that let it air dry for a min or so, then add a SMALL drop of oil to the trigger mechanism.

This solved my problem, and hope others find the same success.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Ah but the Apex USB not only completely removes the grittiness, it also smooths out the entire travel and lightens the trigger a little bit. A very nice and highly recommended mod to the M&P.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12