Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There should at least be a IQ test!

IQ test to own a gun? what about for driving? having kids? buying "dangerous" chemicals like bleach? How about an IQ test for when someone moves a 300lb TV?
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    IQ test to own a gun? what about for driving? having kids? buying "dangerous" chemicals like bleach? How about an IQ test for when someone moves a 300lb TV?
    It just dawned on me that our leaders already apply an IQ test. Well, sort of. Many of them seem to think we have the IQ of a fence post. They lie, lie, lie to us. And, they spin, spin, spin to us.

Its been going on since the end of the 18th century at least. Federalists like John Adams and Alexander Hamilton considered the common man so detestable and stupid that the election of 1800 was somewhat a referendum between the elitist and propertied Federalists and Jefferson, the supporter of the common man. Adams and Hamilton hated democracy as did many Federalists, considering the common man too stupid and dangerous when empowered to vote. Of course, the Federalists lost the election of 1800 to Jefferson, just barely. And, the Federalist party pretty much disappeared.

Politicians today have evolved and refined the Federalist view. Now they want our vote. And, will pretty much say anything to get it. They still think we're stupid.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    We never seem to learn from history. To start, it isn't taught really so many don't have a clue what to learn from.
    I like to compare how our government treated minorities, to how we are being treated now. I was lucky in a way in that I grew up in the country and us dumb hicks were just too stupid to know we were supposed to hate each other, so we talked and told stories.

I was close friends with an Apache whose father had grown up on a reservation, other friends included Blacks and some very colorful Yankee descendants.

Anyway.....getting on with IQ or any other test to own firearms, I'd like to bring up history that was discussed and explained while I was still young and Iggernant

In the late 1800's, our Federal Government adopted Literacy Tests as part of the process to immigrate to the US. Never to waste a silly law, a lot of states realized that since most Blacks couldn't read or write, the Literacy Test was a good way to keep them from voting.

White folks BTW, were exempted....kinda P4Pish, ain't it.

This practice was still going on when I was nearly old enough to vote.

My point is that if the Government makes the test, they control who passes.
    Start testing for firearms ownership and only Government approved Idiots will have guns.

As far as Native Americans, they had it a little rougher. They couldn't vote...first because they weren't people, then they weren't citizens. They couldn't own guns until the 50's.
    Last edited by peter nap; 08-07-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Clark County, NV-----------------------Mohave County, AZ
    Anyone remember the old TV episode (maybe Twilight Zone) where the whole episode revolved around a family whose boy was undergoing the mandatory government testing? If he failed it again, he was going to be put down. The family was hoping the latest treatments had worked and the boy would pass the test this time. Unfortunately, the boy failed the test. At the end of the show, you find out the test was for IQ and the boy failed because they couldn't "fix" how smart he was.

I'm deadly serious. I remember this show from when I was a kid. They couldn't dare air this today.
    Blue & Gold Firearms Training; Clark County, NV
    Certified Concierge Instruction

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Anyone remember the old TV episode (maybe Twilight Zone) where the whole episode revolved around a family whose boy was undergoing the mandatory government testing? If he failed it again, he was going to be put down. The family was hoping the latest treatments had worked and the boy would pass the test this time. Unfortunately, the boy failed the test. At the end of the show, you find out the test was for IQ and the boy failed because they couldn't "fix" how smart he was.

I'm deadly serious. I remember this show from when I was a kid. They couldn't dare air this today.
    Wow! Powerful story!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    SNIP As far as Native Americans, they had it a little rougher.
    How did the old bumper sticker go? "You can trust the government. Just ask an Indian."?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

Twilight Zone: Examination Day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTE4BaKZbCk
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

Yata hey

THere is an IQ test. It's called the Darwin Effect.

all I can figure is he flipped the safety to off without realizing it and then pulled the trigger figuring it was safe
    NO. He failed as soon as he put his booger hook on the bang button.

I agree I should have asked if it where loaded before accepting it from him
    AND THEN checked it your own damn self! Even if I watch someone clear a gun, I still always check it myself EVERY DAMN TIME. Even if I'm home alone and know in my heart no one has touched the damn thing.

Hope we don't seem overly harsh, but as you have seen it only takes one time when you don't follow procedure to radically change (or even end) your life.

Oh, and I'm thinking the muzzle velocity must have been a bit low if you could tell it was a Gold Dot.
    Last edited by zoom6zoom; 08-07-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Clark County, NV-----------------------Mohave County, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Twilight Zone: Examination Day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTE4BaKZbCk
    That was more chilling now than when I remember. *shudder*
    Last edited by MAC702; 08-07-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    Blue & Gold Firearms Training; Clark County, NV
    Certified Concierge Instruction

Freedom can be messy sometimes.

Idiots owning guns is what we put up with when we allow rights to all. It's not always neat, tidy, or polite, but is the right call in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Expat View Post
    How about accidental discharge due to negligence?

It WAS an accident and it was also because the owner neglected his responsibility to safe the firearm before show & tell time.
    You are exactly correct.

It was both an accidental discharge and a negligent discharge. Most accidents are of course due to negligence.

A few lessons from Pop:

Always check any gun you handle to see if it is loaded. Proceed appropriately.

Never point a gun, loaded or unloaded, at a human being. If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation where you must point a gun at someone, don't miss.

Thanks, Dad!
    ".40 cal---because Peter Nap is impossible to conceal."

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

My uncle Tom (just like Uncle Sam much later) taught me to hand over a gun only with the chamber locked open and the magazine in your pocket. Once the other guy checked it and closed it did you hand him the magazine (but only if you had some faith in him). I learned this at about 10 or so (and again at 19 or so damn bootcamp shoved alot into my head).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123