• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

There should at least be a IQ test!

riverrat10k

A few lessons from Pop:

Always check any gun you handle to see if it is loaded. Proceed appropriately.

Never point a gun, loaded or unloaded, at a human being. If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation where you must point a gun at someone, don't miss.

Thanks, Dad!

half_life1052

My uncle Tom (just like Uncle Sam much later) taught me to hand over a gun only with the chamber locked open and the magazine in your pocket. Once the other guy checked it and closed it did you hand him the magazine (but only if you had some faith in him). I learned this at about 10 or so (and again at 19 or so damn bootcamp shoved alot into my head).