Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ted Nugent hates OC

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Ted Nugent hates OC

As many have stated the Nuge, is not a fan of OC and uses the NRA convention to spread the myths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfX8DuGLTTc About 2 minutes in.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Well, no one is right all the time.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Well, no one is right all the time.
    Excuse me?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Excuse me?
    sorry, you are right, I forgot Chuck Norris
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    yes. chuck norris.
    hey ted, what about police and military? why do they OC? ted nugent is a tactical idiot.
    has he been asleep, or does he realize that he lives in one of the biggest OC states in the country?!?!?
    not enough headslam guys to express my frustration
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 08-05-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    yes. chuck norris.
    hey ted, what about police and military? why do they OC? ted nugent is a tactical idiot.
    has he been asleep, or does he realize that he lives in one of the biggest OC states in the country?!?!?
    not enough headslam guys to express my frustration
    Ted Lives in Texas I believe, though he owns property here, maybe he has lost touch.
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

As a Reserve Deputy for Arpaio, I take it Ted refuses to carry a duty weapon in plain view. *Bovine Excrement*

Ted Lives in Texas I believe, though he owns property here, maybe he has lost touch.
    No, his beliefs/opinions have been this way at least since the beginning of OCDO. But yet, he has no problem wielding AR-15's, on stage, in front of thousands of folks during a concert. *F'ing hypocrite*

I would say we should boycott his albums, but I am not sure he is still making albums.
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXDacp View Post
    No, his beliefs/opinions have been this way at least since the beginning of OCDO. But yet, he has no problem wielding AR-15's, on stage, in front of thousands of folks during a concert. *F'ing hypocrite*
    Seriously? Apparently he's never heard that old adage-

'A rifle in the hands is worth two in the chest.'

Oh, wait, I just made that up....
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

I would say we should boycott his albums, but I am not sure he is still making albums.
    No, don't think so, but he still performs at concerts. A shame really -- his opinion of OC -- , I used to listen to all his music and that of Aerosmith in the 70's. Probably explains why I'm nearly deaf now.

The day I let Ted's or anyone else's opinion dictate what I do is the day after I let "them" neuter me.

Maybe Ted just doesn't "have em" enough to OC.

I could have done without the "Weird" comment.
    I will honestly say I do admire Uncle Ted even if he doesnt like open carry weapons. Ted is a patriotic American who will speak with intelligent thought anytime freedom is being attacked.
    Ted does not have to open carry if he doesnt want to, and the decission should be his to make. I dont like the idea that Ted has spoken against the choice others may have, but I dont disrespect the contribution to the 2nd amendment he has made either.
    Myself, I dont care at all how a person decides to carry as long as its safe. Im not buying this tactical advantage crap either. I know what tactical advantage is, and it doesnt have anything to do with a handgun...

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXDacp View Post
    No, don't think so, but he still performs at concerts. A shame really -- his opinion of OC -- , I used to listen to all his music and that of Aerosmith in the 70's. Probably explains why I'm nearly deaf now.
    It aint why im nearly deaf, but I still crank Ted up Loud....
    And Ac/Dc

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    I could have done without the "Weird" comment.
    I will honestly say I do admire Uncle Ted even if he doesnt like open carry weapons. Ted is a patriotic American who will speak with intelligent thought anytime freedom is being attacked.
    Ted does not have to open carry if he doesnt want to, and the decission should be his to make. I dont like the idea that Ted has spoken against the choice others may have, but I dont disrespect the contribution to the 2nd amendment he has made either.
    Myself, I dont care at all how a person decides to carry as long as its safe. Im not buying this tactical advantage crap either. I know what tactical advantage is, and it doesnt have anything to do with a handgun...
    No he doesn't have to OC, but he doesn't have to spread the myth of being shot first, especially at a supposed pro-gun organization with people in the audience that were OCing. Just seems hypocritical to support some gun rights and belittle others.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Founder's Club Member
    sorry, you are right, I forgot Chuck Norris
    LOL! OK. That was good. I left that door wide open. Well played.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

he is free to have his opinion, even though i disagree with it 100%. Ted does TONS of great work for our veterans so I am going to refrain from bashing him.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Considering my feelings on the NRA, I can't say I care very much about him touting his propaganda at an NRA convention. I can't imagine that many people who go to such things are in the mood to have their eyes opened.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Considering my feelings on the NRA, I can't say I care very much about him touting his propaganda at an NRA convention. I can't imagine that many people who go to such things are in the mood to have their eyes opened.
    No more or less than the rest of the human race. A certain percentage, when they think they know the answers, think they already know all about it--why would they consider further when they know all about it?

Our job is to get over, through, and around those pre-conceived ideas and widen their perspective, and win, if not their warmhearted agreement, at least their willingness to respect OC.

I can offer a good example from myself. Once upon a time I considered conservatives and republicans to be the best philosophy going. My disagreement with Dems and libs approached hatred, and I thought the libertarians to be kooks.

Then one day a forum member here, Tomahawk, dropped a few lines and links here and there. I checked into libertarian philosophy and economics. Wow. I was almost offended by some of what I read. But, across time I shifted my views, persuaded by what I read and the analysis of members here. It wasn't easy to drop my pre-conceived ideas. But, I did. It just took some gentle persuasion and reading without browbeating or criticism of my existing views. Now, I'm pretty well aligned with all but the most hard-core ideas of the hardest-core libertarians.

It can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    No he doesn't have to OC, but he doesn't have to spread the myth of being shot first, especially at a supposed pro-gun organization with people in the audience that were OCing. Just seems hypocritical to support some gun rights and belittle others.
    I agree with you sir. I still like Ted, but I cant defend some of the CRAP he says. You wont never hear me tell anyone what I think about they carry preference unless they are on my property.
    Im Grassroots and GOA only....

Banned
    A gun owner not supporting OC is like a Christian not believing the New Testament.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    A gun owner not supporting OC is like a Christian not believing the New Testament.
    But Sir, it's a tactical advantage to hide your defense...
    Sorry, im having a bit of a funny bone tonight.
    Tactical advantage, HAAAA!
    Last edited by MR Redenck; 08-06-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Banned
    But Sir, it's a tactical advantage to hide your defense...
    Sorry, im having a bit of a funny bone tonight.
    Tactical advantage, HAAAA!
    Yeah, and the greatest feat the devil ever pulled off, was to convince the world that he does not exist.

but I dont disrespect the contribution to the 2nd amendment he has made either.
    Yeah, his "contribution" to the Second Amendment March in D.C. was just great.

He's a dink.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    No more or less than the rest of the human race. A certain percentage, when they think they know the answers, think they already know all about it--why would they consider further when they know all about it?

Our job is to get over, through, and around those pre-conceived ideas and widen their perspective, and win, if not their warmhearted agreement, at least their willingness to respect OC.

I can offer a good example from myself. Once upon a time I considered conservatives and republicans to be the best philosophy going. My disagreement with Dems and libs approached hatred, and I thought the libertarians to be kooks.

Then one day a forum member here, Tomahawk, dropped a few lines and links here and there. I checked into libertarian philosophy and economics. Wow. I was almost offended by some of what I read. But, across time I shifted my views, persuaded by what I read and the analysis of members here. It wasn't easy to drop my pre-conceived ideas. But, I did. It just took some gentle persuasion and reading without browbeating or criticism of my existing views. Now, I'm pretty well aligned with all but the most hard-core ideas of the hardest-core libertarians.

It can be done.
    excellent. i went from a bush voting veteran to a war-hating libertarian myself.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast