• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ted Nugent hates OC

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
No more or less than the rest of the human race. A certain percentage, when they think they know the answers, think they already know all about it--why would they consider further when they know all about it?

Our job is to get over, through, and around those pre-conceived ideas and widen their perspective, and win, if not their warmhearted agreement, at least their willingness to respect OC.

I can offer a good example from myself. Once upon a time I considered conservatives and republicans to be the best philosophy going. My disagreement with Dems and libs approached hatred, and I thought the libertarians to be kooks.

Then one day a forum member here, Tomahawk, dropped a few lines and links here and there. I checked into libertarian philosophy and economics. Wow. I was almost offended by some of what I read. But, across time I shifted my views, persuaded by what I read and the analysis of members here. It wasn't easy to drop my pre-conceived ideas. But, I did. It just took some gentle persuasion and reading without browbeating or criticism of my existing views. Now, I'm pretty well aligned with all but the most hard-core ideas of the hardest-core libertarians.

It can be done.

excellent. i went from a bush voting veteran to a war-hating libertarian myself.

Golden Eagle

As many have stated the Nuge, is not a fan of OC and uses the NRA convention to spread the myths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfX8DuGLTTc About 2 minutes in.

Tactical advantage... hum Teds got me thinking, CC would be a much better tactic for when we rob liquor stores...
Oh wait we're the good guys.
icon6.png

PistolPackingMomma

No more or less than the rest of the human race. A certain percentage, when they think they know the answers, think they already know all about it--why would they consider further when they know all about it?

Our job is to get over, through, and around those pre-conceived ideas and widen their perspective, and win, if not their warmhearted agreement, at least their willingness to respect OC.

I can offer a good example from myself. Once upon a time I considered conservatives and republicans to be the best philosophy going. My disagreement with Dems and libs approached hatred, and I thought the libertarians to be kooks.

Then one day a forum member here, Tomahawk, dropped a few lines and links here and there. I checked into libertarian philosophy and economics. Wow. I was almost offended by some of what I read. But, across time I shifted my views, persuaded by what I read and the analysis of members here. It wasn't easy to drop my pre-conceived ideas. But, I did. It just took some gentle persuasion and reading without browbeating or criticism of my existing views. Now, I'm pretty well aligned with all but the most hard-core ideas of the hardest-core libertarians.

It can be done.

That's pretty much exactly how it happened for my husband and I. We just went a little farther than libertarian...

Maine Expat

Yeah, the "weirdo..." comment aside, Ted's been a pretty effective spokesman for 2A rights. I can let him slide on it and just keep OCing while he keeps speaking out for our rights. His tactical advantage angle does have some merit though most BGs will run away when they see a gun. I always try to have my back to the wall with a view of the door to keep the advantage on my side just the same.

As for me, well when I finally have my permit in hand (or wallet) I'll OC mostly and CC sometimes. I mostly want my CCP so I can keep ol Bersa on my hip in the car instead of unloading/reloading every time.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
He is, in fact, still making them (albums).

And he has to keep doing something in order to sell them, because it probably isn't the music. And that's not to say his current music sucks (I don't know), it's just that nobody cares about the music; only the image of the musician.

Am I allowed to finally say that I've never cared who Ted Nugent is? I mean, I know who he is, but maybe now there won't be too many gasps when I say I've never cared.

Last edited:

Michigander

Am I allowed to finally say that I've never cared who Ted Nugent is? I mean, I know who he is, but maybe now there won't be too many gasps when I say I've never cared.

When I was about 12 I met him, because he came to the archery range to do a private show for the dozen or so of us who were at the range for the archery league we were in. This was 2 nights before christmas no less.

My brother and I didn't care, so we went back to shooting our bows. :lol:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I always wonder why our harshest critics seem to be CCers. I think it may be because they feel "special" somehow, having earned some "credential" that reinforces their sense of superiority. They always seem shocked when I say that I have a CPL when they ask me about OC. If I were a general CCer in Michigan, the way our laws are written, I would at least OC in the PFZs... I wish more would.

Last edited: