Thread: Support for Gun Shop/Range to allow OC/CC

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar

Support for Gun Shop/Range to allow OC/CC

There is a gun shop/range in my area that does not allow cc/oc on their property. On their facebook page they posted their policy and many people are commenting.

If you support businesses that are not anti-2A and feel like putting in your opinion please do:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peacem...39375819442377

Thanks
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    I don't understand. It appears they only require it to be cased/holstered. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    I don't understand. It appears they only require it to be cased/holstered. What am I missing?
    +1. I didn't see anything on their website, are you basing this on personal experience? If so, please share.

This is the policy posted at the link in OP: Blue is my words.
    Trust me there policy is NO OC/CC carry on their property unless you are on their staff. It is posted very clearly. The only time an exception is made is during a shooting activity where you are first on the firing line.

PNTC is a very dynamic complex with ranges spanning 500 plus acres - As our patrons know, we are hardly anti-gun loons. On the topic of concealed carry & open carry we do prohibit this on the complex except for members in certain ranges (This exception is only during shooting activities that require having a loaded firearm in a holster). Our rational for this is below:
    At Peacemaker we support virtually every type of competitive and recreational shooting except full auto. This range complex is unique in the USA because it is designed to permit civilians to do very advanced types of shooting such as 3-gun, USPSA, IDPA, defense training, tactical shooting, long range, sporting clays etc. In addition, many of the above cmpettions also have rules that weMUST follow regarding conceald and open carry firearms during and around their competitons. We also teach a great concealed carry class, allow drawing from a holster in certain areas, and are moving towards a level of training in the image of "gunsight". In addition, we see the following: virtually every action type, every skill level of shooter and have thousands of firearms and people on our complex at all different times. With this in mind we just ask that people keep there firearms cased to and from the lines. This way we know that "unloaded" firearms are not being handled behind the lines ad that everyone is in line with our range rules. This is a big effort to keep everyone safe and keep a complex like ours open to civilians and allow advanced gun handling and a variety shooting types. In no way are we against concealed or open carry. On our complex rules reflect our advanced range environment and are all about safety. In fact, our range environment is far more advanced than most military ranges and have more flexibility over handling firearms. We certainly hope that everyone can appreciate our rules regarding firearms use on our complex.

There is no doubt about their policy. IF you feel like supporting then please make a post saying what you feel the policy should be. It would be nice if they know there are SOME people who take notice to business that post anti 2A

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I don't have a Facebook but I'll send them an email...

Quote Originally Posted by asshat policy
    At Peacemaker we support virtually every type of competitive and recreational shooting except full auto. This range complex is unique in the USA because it is designed to permit civilians to do very advanced types of shooting such as 3-gun, USPSA, IDPA, defense training, tactical shooting, long range, sporting clays etc...
    Wow, that is unique. There are literally four ranges like that within 10 miles of where I live. Oh wait, maybe theirs is unique. After all, all four of mine also allow full-auto. I OC my loaded sidearm during my rifle competitions, too.
    Last edited by MAC702; 08-05-2012 at 11:41 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Thanks for the support thebigsd

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Wow, that is unique. There are literally four ranges like that within 10 miles of where I live. Oh wait, maybe theirs is unique. After all, all four of mine also allow full-auto. I OC my loaded sidearm during my rifle competitions, too.
    Yeah it is a very...almost belittling feeling to be on their property where THEY (the staff) all carry loaded handguns (even the cashier lady) but the public is strictly prohibited from doing so. I just can't abide it. They same reason I don't live in Illinois or Maryland or California etc...

I just am not going to give my business to these anti-2A types any more.

Again if anyone is willing please let them know the Pro-2A community's displeasure!

Peacemaker National
    1624 Brannons Ford Rd.
    Gerrardstown, WV 25420
    Phone: 304.229.4867
    Email: info@peacemakernational.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peacem...39375819442377

Message posted on their FB page:

"Don't live there, but you would not get my business because, in requiring me to disarm on your premises while allowing your staff to be armed, you would have relegated me to a second-class citizenship. No thank you."

I fail to see the reasoning behind their policy unless it is the "We're the only ones professional enough to have firearms on our person." With apologies to the LEO who uttered similar words just before he shot himself in the foot!!

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Message posted on their FB page:

"Don't live there, but you would not get my business because, in requiring me to disarm on your premises while allowing your staff to be armed, you would have relegated me to a second-class citizenship. No thank you."

I fail to see the reasoning behind their policy unless it is the "We're the only ones professional enough to have firearms on our person." With apologies to the LEO who uttered similar words just before he shot himself in the foot!!

Thank you SFCRetired!

Whistling Pines Gun Club has excellent rules covering carrying

One of the ranges I belong to (Whistling Pines Gun Club) is an indoor range that has extremely common-sense and pro self-defense rules towards carry on their property.

Whistling Pines Safety Rules:

6. Firearms may be brought into and taken out of the building only in the following manner:
    Holstered: loaded or unloaded, concealed or unconcealed. Holstered firearms may not be drawn until the club member or guest is on the firing line.
    Boxed, bagged, or otherwise completely enclosed: unloaded only.
    Unboxed, unbagged, or otherwise unenclosed firearms may not be carried in hand, loaded or unloaded, in any portion of the building. Carrying a loaded firearm in hand will result in the immediate revocation of membership.

Anti-carry rules in a gun club I've found is usually indicative of management and/or owners that are legends in their own minds.

O2
    When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
    They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
    Zero failures comes at infinite cost.

It looks like they are considering a change in policy. Thanks for all the overwhelming support (one person....)

In addition, many of the above competitions also have rules that we MUST follow regarding concealed and open carry firearms during and around their competitions.
    Really? Do they even think before they type?

How on earth does a non-participant impact a competition? How can a organization holding the competition impose "rules" on non-participants? If the organization does not like non-participants packing heat they can hit the bricks and find another "unique" facility.

Boycott these nitwits for their nitwittery regardless of any changes to their policies.

E-mail sent.....I don't do Facebutt.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Really? Do they even think before they type?

How on earth does a non-participant impact a competition? How can a organization holding the competition impose "rules" on non-participants? If the organization does not like non-participants packing heat they can hit the bricks and find another "unique" facility.

Boycott these nitwits for their nitwittery regardless of any changes to their policies.

E-mail sent.....I don't do Facebutt.
    Thank you very much for your support!

I hope they do in fact change their policy as they claim. Although I'm not sure they would happy to see me again after the stink I've caused.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    It looks like they are considering a change in policy. Thanks for all the overwhelming support (one person....)
    I was reading through their comments on FaceBook, saw they had a slight change of heart.

It looks to me they are at least open to considering change. That speaks well for them.

I have a LGS who doesn't allow CC/OC into their shop. I haven't visited it in years; although a good friend buys things there all the time, he says they don't enforce the rule; my response is take it down (however, I saw firsthand them enforcing their policy).

I hope they change and you can resume attendance. Looks like a nice range.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

It looks to me they are at least open to considering change. That speaks well for them.
    No, it does not.

A gun range that allows shooting but does not allow carry?

....boycott them.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

No, it does not.

....boycott them.
    Agreed and I have been. But if they fix their policy I'll go back and give it another try.

No, it does not.

....boycott them.
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Agreed and I have been. But if they fix their policy I'll go back and give it another try.

I was not advocating forgiveness and heading back to conduct business; however, just stating they were big enough to admit on a social network their over aggressiveness and are looking at it. Once they change, by all means, return and conduct business. If they don't, stay away.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    I was not advocating forgiveness and heading back to conduct business; however, just stating they were big enough to admit on a social network their over aggressiveness and are looking at it. Once they change, by all means, return and conduct business. If they don't, stay away.
    That's the plan. Not another dollar before they do.

I won't harbor resentment, well maybe a little for the few people I know that don't like the policy but give them their money anyway .

I've grown and changed my views before. I will welcome anyone who realizes the error of their ways, even if it's a grudging bow to social pressure.

I will admit, I am confused, There is a range just up the road from me, and everyone carries openly, or concealed, in the store, in the parking lot, on the range itself. How does a gun shop think banning carrying guns is even remotely a good idea? I wouldnt step foot on their property if I lived anywhere near them. Guns and Leather is the only shop I go to, and they have no problems with people openly carrying guns.

I sent them the following message:

My local range has the following rules:

Firearms may be brought into and taken out of the building only in the following manner:
    Holstered: loaded or unloaded, concealed or unconcealed. Holstered firearms may not be drawn until the club member or guest is on the firing line.
    Boxed, bagged, or otherwise completely enclosed: unloaded only.
    Unboxed, unbagged, or otherwise unenclosed firearms may not be carried in hand, loaded or unloaded, in any portion of the building. Carrying a loaded firearm in hand will result in the immediate revocation of membership.

Every firearms store in my town (Colorado Springs) has a similar policy. When I see stores who trample on our Second Amendment rights, I find it's invariably NOT a safety issue, but rather, a swollen head issue.

I and my friends spent 20 years serving our nation, protecting and defending our Constitutional rights, while ARMED. How in the world can you sit back, pretend you're pro-2A, while doing the exact opposite by trampling our Constitutional rights the way only the most anti-2A liberals do around here?

I sincerely hope the cluebird lands and you change your tune. Until then, I'll continue to urge any and all friends to avoid businesses such as yours like the plague. Such anti-2A behavior deserves NO reward.

If you do change your rules, I suggest you merely post them prominently on your website, your store-front, and at the top of all leases, rental agreements and other contacts which you may use. I think you'll find your lawyer's fears were unfounded.

You can't live your life in fear.

- A Veteran
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.