• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support for Gun Shop/Range to allow OC/CC

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I don't understand. It appears they only require it to be cased/holstered. What am I missing?

twoskinsonemanns

This is the policy posted at the link in OP: Blue is my words.
Trust me there policy is NO OC/CC carry on their property unless you are on their staff. It is posted very clearly. The only time an exception is made is during a shooting activity where you are first on the firing line.

PNTC is a very dynamic complex with ranges spanning 500 plus acres - As our patrons know, we are hardly anti-gun loons. On the topic of concealed carry & open carry we do prohibit this on the complex except for members in certain ranges (This exception is only during shooting activities that require having a loaded firearm in a holster). Our rational for this is below:
At Peacemaker we support virtually every type of competitive and recreational shooting except full auto. This range complex is unique in the USA because it is designed to permit civilians to do very advanced types of shooting such as 3-gun, USPSA, IDPA, defense training, tactical shooting, long range, sporting clays etc. In addition, many of the above cmpettions also have rules that weMUST follow regarding conceald and open carry firearms during and around their competitons. We also teach a great concealed carry class, allow drawing from a holster in certain areas, and are moving towards a level of training in the image of "gunsight". In addition, we see the following: virtually every action type, every skill level of shooter and have thousands of firearms and people on our complex at all different times. With this in mind we just ask that people keep there firearms cased to and from the lines. This way we know that "unloaded" firearms are not being handled behind the lines ad that everyone is in line with our range rules. This is a big effort to keep everyone safe and keep a complex like ours open to civilians and allow advanced gun handling and a variety shooting types. In no way are we against concealed or open carry. On our complex rules reflect our advanced range environment and are all about safety. In fact, our range environment is far more advanced than most military ranges and have more flexibility over handling firearms. We certainly hope that everyone can appreciate our rules regarding firearms use on our complex.

There is no doubt about their policy. IF you feel like supporting then please make a post saying what you feel the policy should be. It would be nice if they know there are SOME people who take notice to business that post anti 2A

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
asshat policy said:
At Peacemaker we support virtually every type of competitive and recreational shooting except full auto. This range complex is unique in the USA because it is designed to permit civilians to do very advanced types of shooting such as 3-gun, USPSA, IDPA, defense training, tactical shooting, long range, sporting clays etc...

Wow, that is unique. There are literally four ranges like that within 10 miles of where I live. Oh wait, maybe theirs is unique. After all, all four of mine also allow full-auto. I OC my loaded sidearm during my rifle competitions, too.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Thanks for the support thebigsd

Wow, that is unique. There are literally four ranges like that within 10 miles of where I live. Oh wait, maybe theirs is unique. After all, all four of mine also allow full-auto. I OC my loaded sidearm during my rifle competitions, too.

Yeah it is a very...almost belittling feeling to be on their property where THEY (the staff) all carry loaded handguns (even the cashier lady) but the public is strictly prohibited from doing so. I just can't abide it. They same reason I don't live in Illinois or Maryland or California etc...

I just am not going to give my business to these anti-2A types any more.

Again if anyone is willing please let them know the Pro-2A community's displeasure!

Peacemaker National
1624 Brannons Ford Rd.
Gerrardstown, WV 25420
Phone: 304.229.4867
Email: info@peacemakernational.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peacem...39375819442377

SFCRetired

Message posted on their FB page:

"Don't live there, but you would not get my business because, in requiring me to disarm on your premises while allowing your staff to be armed, you would have relegated me to a second-class citizenship. No thank you."

I fail to see the reasoning behind their policy unless it is the "We're the only ones professional enough to have firearms on our person." With apologies to the LEO who uttered similar words just before he shot himself in the foot!!

twoskinsonemanns

Message posted on their FB page:

"Don't live there, but you would not get my business because, in requiring me to disarm on your premises while allowing your staff to be armed, you would have relegated me to a second-class citizenship. No thank you."

I fail to see the reasoning behind their policy unless it is the "We're the only ones professional enough to have firearms on our person." With apologies to the LEO who uttered similar words just before he shot himself in the foot!!

Thank you SFCRetired!

O2HeN2

Whistling Pines Gun Club has excellent rules covering carrying

One of the ranges I belong to (Whistling Pines Gun Club) is an indoor range that has extremely common-sense and pro self-defense rules towards carry on their property.

Whistling Pines Safety Rules:

6. Firearms may be brought into and taken out of the building only in the following manner:
• Holstered: loaded or unloaded, concealed or unconcealed. Holstered firearms may not be drawn until the club member or guest is on the firing line.
• Boxed, bagged, or otherwise completely enclosed: unloaded only.
• Unboxed, unbagged, or otherwise unenclosed firearms may not be carried in hand, loaded or unloaded, in any portion of the building. Carrying a loaded firearm in hand will result in the immediate revocation of membership.

Anti-carry rules in a gun club I've found is usually indicative of management and/or owners that are legends in their own minds.

O2

twoskinsonemanns

It looks like they are considering a change in policy. Thanks for all the overwhelming support (one person....)

OC for ME

In addition, many of the above competitions also have rules that we MUST follow regarding concealed and open carry firearms during and around their competitions.
Really? Do they even think before they type?

How on earth does a non-participant impact a competition? How can a organization holding the competition impose "rules" on non-participants? If the organization does not like non-participants packing heat they can hit the bricks and find another "unique" facility.

Boycott these nitwits for their nitwittery regardless of any changes to their policies.

E-mail sent.....I don't do Facebutt.

twoskinsonemanns

Really? Do they even think before they type?

How on earth does a non-participant impact a competition? How can a organization holding the competition impose "rules" on non-participants? If the organization does not like non-participants packing heat they can hit the bricks and find another "unique" facility.

Boycott these nitwits for their nitwittery regardless of any changes to their policies.

E-mail sent.....I don't do Facebutt.

Thank you very much for your support!

I hope they do in fact change their policy as they claim. Although I'm not sure they would happy to see me again after the stink I've caused. :rolleyes:

Redbaron007

It looks like they are considering a change in policy. Thanks for all the overwhelming support (one person....)

I was reading through their comments on FaceBook, saw they had a slight change of heart.

It looks to me they are at least open to considering change. That speaks well for them.

I have a LGS who doesn't allow CC/OC into their shop. I haven't visited it in years; although a good friend buys things there all the time, he says they don't enforce the rule; my response is take it down (however, I saw firsthand them enforcing their policy).

I hope they change and you can resume attendance. Looks like a nice range.

Redbaron007

No, it does not.

A gun range that allows shooting but does not allow carry?

....boycott them.

Agreed and I have been. But if they fix their policy I'll go back and give it another try.

I was not advocating forgiveness and heading back to conduct business; however, just stating they were big enough to admit on a social network their over aggressiveness and are looking at it. Once they change, by all means, return and conduct business. If they don't, stay away.

twoskinsonemanns

I was not advocating forgiveness and heading back to conduct business; however, just stating they were big enough to admit on a social network their over aggressiveness and are looking at it. Once they change, by all means, return and conduct business. If they don't, stay away.

That's the plan. Not another dollar before they do.

I won't harbor resentment, well maybe a little for the few people I know that don't like the policy but give them their money anyway :D.

I've grown and changed my views before. I will welcome anyone who realizes the error of their ways, even if it's a grudging bow to social pressure. :lol:

RikuNoganashi

I will admit, I am confused, There is a range just up the road from me, and everyone carries openly, or concealed, in the store, in the parking lot, on the range itself. How does a gun shop think banning carrying guns is even remotely a good idea? I wouldnt step foot on their property if I lived anywhere near them. Guns and Leather is the only shop I go to, and they have no problems with people openly carrying guns.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I sent them the following message:

My local range has the following rules:

Firearms may be brought into and taken out of the building only in the following manner:
• Holstered: loaded or unloaded, concealed or unconcealed. Holstered firearms may not be drawn until the club member or guest is on the firing line.
• Boxed, bagged, or otherwise completely enclosed: unloaded only.
• Unboxed, unbagged, or otherwise unenclosed firearms may not be carried in hand, loaded or unloaded, in any portion of the building. Carrying a loaded firearm in hand will result in the immediate revocation of membership.

Every firearms store in my town (Colorado Springs) has a similar policy. When I see stores who trample on our Second Amendment rights, I find it's invariably NOT a safety issue, but rather, a swollen head issue.

I and my friends spent 20 years serving our nation, protecting and defending our Constitutional rights, while ARMED. How in the world can you sit back, pretend you're pro-2A, while doing the exact opposite by trampling our Constitutional rights the way only the most anti-2A liberals do around here?

I sincerely hope the cluebird lands and you change your tune. Until then, I'll continue to urge any and all friends to avoid businesses such as yours like the plague. Such anti-2A behavior deserves NO reward.

If you do change your rules, I suggest you merely post them prominently on your website, your store-front, and at the top of all leases, rental agreements and other contacts which you may use. I think you'll find your lawyer's fears were unfounded.

You can't live your life in fear.

- A Veteran