Thread: Status of OC in Missiouri?

Status of OC in Missiouri?

Howdy Folks!
    My wife and I are planning a trip to Lathrop Mo in September.
    Looks like you haven't got preemption in Missouri, so naturally, I'm curious about OC'ing in Missouri while there.
    If it is prohbited, we can veer north to Iowa and carry there on our way further east after our visit to Lathrop.

What is the status of OC in Mo?

It won't matter a great deal, because we both have our concealed permits, and those are recognized everywhere we plan to go, with the exception of Illinois, where nothing is recognized, up to and including the 2nd Amendment!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

There is no state preemption for OC, so it's hit and miss. It's mostly OK outside of KC and STL though. Unless you want to spend a lot of time researching, just conceal.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Folks!
    My wife and I are planning a trip to Lathrop Mo in September.
    Looks like you haven't got preemption in Missouri, so naturally, I'm curious about OC'ing in Missouri while there.
    If it is prohbited, we can veer north to Iowa and carry there on our way further east after our visit to Lathrop.

What is the status of OC in Mo?

It won't matter a great deal, because we both have our concealed permits, and those are recognized everywhere we plan to go, with the exception of Illinois, where nothing is recognized, up to and including the 2nd Amendment!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    Unless you want to spend a lot of time researching, just conceal.
    This. Unless you meet up with some people from the OC crowd here, it's wise to conceal.

Unfortunately, MO is not preemptive...which means the local municipalities can regulate open carry. Unless you can find their ordinances online; stick with the conceal.

However, reviewing their online ordinances, oc is not prohibited. The caveat is, have they updated these recently? You may want to contact City Hall and verify there has not been any changes...if they will even tell you.

Here is their online municipal codes. The firearms section is 210.300

Here is the city's website.

Enjoy MO!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain