Thread: More misinformation from the local media...

More misinformation from the local media...

I'm telling you, the more I hear from the media on this subject the more I realize they don't get a whole lot right. On 850KOA this morning, they reported that CHP applications in Boulder have tripled since the theater shooting. In the same report the lady said "applicants must wait a minimum of 90 days while the sheriff's office reviews their background..."

Really? Mine took 21 days. Total. The 90 days is the maximum. Grrr.... Stupid people allowed to give reports as if it is fact.

There are certain sheriff's that purposely take the full 90 days to process a application. I am sure that Boulder is one of them. But not all counties are like that. But yea the media is definitely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nkunnen View Post
    There are certain sheriff's that purposely take the full 90 days to process a application. I am sure that Boulder is one of them. But not all counties are like that. But yea the media is definitely wrong.
    I know they are some, like Denver. From what I've heard, Denver is more like 120 days even though it's against the law to take longer than 90 days.

Just getting to the point that nothing they say can be trusted. IF they report that it's sunny, I'd check out the window just to be sure.

Campaign Veteran
    My Denver process took about 4 weeks. Quicker than I would have imagined.

I quit listening to the news a while ago. If I need info, I just look it up myself. Can't believe anything the news says these days. Not even the weather reports. Back in June they said there were 3 tornadoes by my house and were going crazy about it, but there was nothing. If I need to check the weather, I'll look out the window myself.

Elbert County took 34 days for my permit.

Keens

120 days for the biggest department in the state; Mesa CO took 10 days for first time permit.

My Douglas county CHP was here in 17 days.
    It is a good thing that CHP applications are up! I'm trying to encourage my neighbor to get one.
    Last edited by wmodavis; 08-06-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wmodavis View Post
    My Douglas county CHP was here in 17 days.
    It is a good thing that CHP applications are up! I'm trying to encourage my neighbor to get one.
    When I got mine from DC a few years ago it was about 1 week shy of the maximum time allowed.

Did you just get yours recently? Are they still laminated so big you can't fit it in your wallet?

Best looking CWP I've seen is from Weld Cnty.

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    When I got mine from DC a few years ago it was about 1 week shy of the maximum time allowed.

Did you just get yours recently? Are they still laminated so big you can't fit it in your wallet?

Best looking CWP I've seen is from Weld Cnty.
    I just got mine from DC about 3 weeks ago. Took exactly 21 days. No to the laminated. They are pretty much the same as a driver's license now. No lamination, just a computer printed image on a DL sized plastic card. In fact I keep it in my wallet right behind my DL.

I'm trying to get about 4 people I know to get CHP's. All of them want to, but they all have "stuff" going on during weekends. So who knows.
    Last edited by mobiushky; 08-06-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    I just got mine from DC about 3 weeks ago. Took exactly 21 days. No to the laminated. They are pretty much the same as a driver's license now. No lamination, just a computer printed image on a DL sized plastic card. In fact I keep it in my wallet right behind my DL.

I'm trying to get about 4 people I know to get CHP's. All of them want to, but they all have "stuff" going on during weekends. So who knows.
    Thanks for the info, sounds like my current one may end up in the washer..... It's about 3/4" larger than a DL and won't fit in a wallet. Glad to hear the turn around is faster too.

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post

Did you just get yours recently? Are they still laminated so big you can't fit it in your wallet?.
    Got mine July 2012.
    Same as MOB said - DL size & right behind it in my wallet.
    Bill
    Last edited by wmodavis; 08-13-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Zack,

You can request the new one. All you have to do is pay the replacement fee. I did it at the sheriffs suggestion when they came out. Just remember, it doesn't change you renewal date.

Go talk to Bob on one of the issue days.

jsk

Quote Originally Posted by jskp229 View Post
    Zack,

You can request the new one. All you have to do is pay the replacement fee. I did it at the sheriffs suggestion when they came out. Just remember, it doesn't change you renewal date.

Go talk to Bob on one of the issue days.

jsk
    Already have the app filled out, just have to go over the bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk