Thread: Open carry still legal with CCW?

Open carry still legal with CCW?

I posted this in OC questions before I realized there was a WV page. I have a WV CCW permit, my question is: Did I give up my right to open carry by getting that permit or is it like an added endorsement.. An option? Could I be accused of improper concealment? I've read through many laws but haven't seen this question answered.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cten85 View Post
    I posted this in OC questions before I realized there was a WV page. I have a WV CCW permit, my question is: Did I give up my right to open carry by getting that permit or is it like an added endorsement.. An option? Could I be accused of improper concealment? I've read through many laws but haven't seen this question answered.
    No. There is no law that says a firearm ever HAS to be concealed in WV. It HAS to be carried openly, unless you have the state's permission (ie Concealed Pistol/Revolver License) to conceal it.

Someone once related it to having to stop riding a bike once you are licensed to operate a vehicle. They are both ways to travel, the inclusion of the one does not exclude the other.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand