• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Washington CPL's, they have arrived

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Good Morning Bill,

Attached is a copy of what the redesigned CPL looks like. The new CPL’s are being issued by agencies that are using firearms online; the old CPL’s are still being issued by law enforcement that are not using firearms online.

We will be getting something out to the dealers to notify them of the change.

Firearms Unit
Business & Professions Division
Department of Licensing
firearms@dol.wa.gov

newCPL.jpg

SeattleWingsfan

When I was at Welchers saturday I had a talk with a sales guy there that told me about a Army comming it that had a totally different license. Issued out of Puyallup. They told him to come in Monday when they could call to verify it was real. First one they had seen.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Seems they have removed the RCW 9.41.050(b) reference (must display it upon demand...) and replaced it with a more informational preemption notification.

sudden valley gunner

Seems they have removed the RCW 9.41.050(b) reference (must display it upon demand...) and replaced it with a more informational preemption notification.

Good catch I wonder if us OC'ers have something to do with that. Seems to be more of a note to officers with a warning to us that it won't protect us from the feds.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Have they changed the size so it can be laminated and still be the same dimensions as a Driver's License? The old format was too large for wallet pockets that were designed for credit card sizes and the usual D/L plastic.

Yes they are smaller in size so that when folded and laminated they are the same size as a DL as to fit in your wallet.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
the current issue can be folded to the size of a driver license. It take 2 fold lines to do it though.

1st fold
Under the issuing authority signature fold that paragraph of text under, at this point you should be able to fold the CPL in half (right at the birthday/sex/height section) folding under the text paragraph portion

laminate and carry

07Altima

I have mine

I have my laminated by the state, can I still get that, at least hope I can :)

Lovenox

Yes they are smaller in size so that when folded and laminated they are the same size as a DL as to fit in your wallet.

I had my laminated and it fits in my wallet just fine. Does your county sheriff not know how to use scissors?

Gary Slider

Is this a scanned then touched up edition or did a government agency put this sample online. I would like to redo it and add it to the Washington page at www.handgunlaw.us Thanks for any assistance you can give me.